Who really made Need for Speed originally?

by 19481010

Original Post

Who really made Need for Speed originally?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Who really made it before EA bought it in 1994? I might need some information. The one who might have the information, I appreciate your help and might reveal the long lost secret (am serious, not trolling, I am DEAD serious)

Message 1 of 7 (1,670 Views)

Re: Who really made Need for Speed originally?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@19481010NFS started out as an EA original series.EA Canada was the first dev,the team was formerly known as Distinctive Software and was founded by Don Mattrick.NFS is the new name for the series after EA bought Distinctive in 1992.Before the takeover they made 2 Test Drive games in 1987 and 1989.Currently Don has left gaming business for a long time and DSI/EA Canada becomes EA Sports working on FIFA/UFC and other sports titles.

Message 2 of 7 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GK3512 Does EA really credit the original owner before fully buying the game and putting it under their studio like "Distinctive Software".
Message 3 of 7 (1,590 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@19481010 No,only EA Canada was used as the dev name.DSI was the name before the takeover and certainly before TNFS launch.So official credit only used EA Canada not DSI.
Message 4 of 7 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Pro
@19481010 EA Canada and EA Seattle used too make NFS up too 2000, Black box took over in 2001. So yeah i EA used too make NFS until they got big enough too hire other studios too do it for them.
Message 5 of 7 (1,250 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 First Black Box game was HP2 2002 (PS2 edition only) But they were working with EA Seattle (team behind other editions) After the success of HP2 PS2 BB became the lead team for NFS series until 2008 with SMS and real Criterion making Shift and HP2010 respectively.
Message 6 of 7 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I know man what frustrates me is that Black Box version was so, much better then both the pc version and the Xbox and Gamecube version.

And i never got too play the ps2 version, i really never understanded how EA Seattle\EA Canada could drop police chases in the pc and the other consoll versions. I mean they never did that mistake with the original Hot Pursuit game, anyway too bad BB never got too make more cannonballgames.
Message 7 of 7 (1,045 Views)