Wheel support ?

by Hectologist

Original Post

Wheel support ?

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Will there be any steering wheel support for this game ?

I have the Logitech G923. And was wondering if I could play it with this wheel ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14 (4,004 Views)

Re: Wheel support ?

★★★★★ Guide
@Hectologist This game will also work on gaming-style racing wheels, gamepads, and joysticks starting November 6.
Message 2 of 14 (3,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for that.

I remember that steering with HP2010 was rubbish. If you were going too fast for the corner the wheel just wouldn't turn.

Where as in NFS Heat it was more realistic. You would over steer or under steer.

So which one will it be like ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 14 (3,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Hectologist Unfortunately it won't have wheel support.

@JMDGamotia1993 Where did you hear that? I want to make sure there aren't any crossed wires/confusion over this subject.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 14 (3,876 Views)

★★ Guide

@Hectologist  They stripped the wheel support out "Burnout Paradise Remastered". I have no idea why you would delete an existing feature. I purchased it without checking. I assumed because the original had it, so will the remaster. I won't make that mistake again. I won't purchase unless it has wheel support. 

Message 5 of 14 (3,843 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_David This game will still generally work with keyboards during gameplay.
Message 6 of 14 (3,816 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_David  OK, what is the big deal with EA and wheel support???? It never used to be an issue. It was a done deal that Need for Speed had wheel support. Why are you releasing an "improved" game and strip out wheel support if it's already there??? This is insane and makes no sense. I will NOT purchase the game without wheel support. I own every Need for Speed game since it was released, still have the first one including the original packaging. Every time EA releases a new Need for Speed it's a big secret if it has wheel support and right before release you guys say: Oh, so sorry, no wheel support. I'm done, stick a fork in me, I'm done! No more!

Message 7 of 14 (3,810 Views)

★★ Guide

@JMDGamotia1993  Sure, that's why I have a $400 steering wheel attached to my PC so I can play driving games with my keyboard. That makes a lot of sense....

Message 8 of 14 (3,807 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

But it has gamepad support for sure?

So it does support already DirectInput?

So if it does support directinput - a wheel should be no problem since these are DirectInput Devices too.

For the system there is no difference between joystick, gamepad or wheel. All three devices are a "directinput" device.

So I dont exactly see why a game with gamepad support wouldnt work with a wheel?

Can you explain maybe?

But honestly: Imagine putting out a racing game without wheel support.

Thats honestly very embarrassing, especially considering what a huge company you are.

Quality of your games degraded a lot compared to the past.

Also why games are always rushed to release?

I remember NFS Hot Pursuit 2 from 2002.

It was planned to have Night and also Weather. But NOOO it was dropped because of the damn limited time given.

WHY? WHY rush a game out which would've been so much better if given more time. This is so disappointing by the companies, unbelievable...

Message 9 of 14 (3,793 Views)

★★ Guide

@-TRR-De-M-oN  A wheel has to be programmed into the game as a controller or it won't work correctly. Just because a gamepad works doesn't mean a wheel will work, not the same thing. You can try and make it work with a controller emulator like x360ce, but you might not get all the features and the force feedback is iffy. There is no reason this game should be released with no wheel support considering the original game had it. I have the original and don't plan on buying this "improved" garbage they are trying to sell without wheel support. Eye candy alone doesn't make a good game. EA is catering to the game consoles and doesn't care about the PC gamer anymore.

Message 10 of 14 (3,769 Views)