What changes can we expect from HP2010 Remastered?

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Re: What changes can we expect from HP2010 Remastered?

★★★★★ Apprentice
The only way I could see myself buying this is if a manual transmission option were added. NFS:HP 2010 was solely missing this and trying to revisit it recently was unsatisfying when I discovered it wasn’t present. A remaster would have to change this if it’s going to be worth it to me as I’ve already got it on PS3 (with all DLC) and PC.
Message 11 of 26 (875 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Jacobba55 It will be better, harder, faster, and stronger throughout this game.
Message 12 of 26 (838 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JMDGamotia1993

That's very reassuring, thank you.

Although what I'm worried about is the extent of those improvements. Particularly, with regards to the comparison videos and the highly justified community speculation so far. It certainly doesn't paint a nice picture, with the remaster seemingly being inferior to the original in a few cases. Granted, we can't understand how the game 'feels' at present but it's looking rather similar.

It merely revives the online, for an increased price. Nonetheless, unless there's anything game-breaking, it could be worth a buy when the price inevitably drops.

Message 13 of 26 (826 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am very happy with the announcement of a remaster of one of my all time favourite PS3 titles..

One question though;. Is the PS4 version compatible with PS5??

Message 14 of 26 (810 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@mhd-uk

Apparently that seems to be the case. PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4, including the physical discs inserted into the console.

Yes it should be.

Message 15 of 26 (806 Views)

★ Novice

@Jacobba55   Yep got that mate.  I was wondering if HP-R had been developed to be PS5 compatible?   (Would seem stupid not to but there has not been any confirmation it is)

Message 16 of 26 (803 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@nfs-mhd

Obviously, I'm not affiliated with EA, I'm not a developer, nor a "Game Changer" so I honestly wouldn't be able to definitively confirm it for ya, haha.

But what I can assume is, yes I suppose so. Although, in my eyes, it seems they've gone for a very basic upgrade without specifically considering next-gen or anything.

Unless otherwise stated, I'd assume so! I would be aware of the fact that the crossplay could run into logistical issues though, considering you'd be playing on PS5 as a PS4 player, or the remaster might be ported to PS5 etc...

Message 17 of 26 (797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am hoping for some sort of open world. But again as said, that wouldn't be in line with the original.

I am curious about wheel support though.

Message 18 of 26 (766 Views)

★★ Novice

Will the game only be available digitally or also available as disc? 

Message 19 of 26 (735 Views)

★★★ Novice

Physical version available. I pre-ordered my PS4 version from Amazon

Message 20 of 26 (726 Views)