What changes can we expect from HP2010 Remastered?

by Jacobba55

Original Post

What changes can we expect from HP2010 Remastered?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

As the topic outlines, I'm somewhat skeptical of the announcement that was recently released, so I figured we could make a comprehensive list here and update it as and when needed! Speculation is fine too, but I'm sure there will be many, many more topics covering all of this anyway.

Car list:

Doesn't appear to have changed much, with the exception of the removal of the Carbon Motors E7, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 edition, and Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss! (Thanks to @TheRealJony for this!)

However, the DLC looks like it will be included, so technically those on PC will have the opportunity to use cars previously inaccessible. Can be found here for anyone interested:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered/news/nfs-hp-rema...

Graphics:

Apparently, it will run up to 4K/60 FPS, with "higher-res models, shadows, and reflections, more objects and props, longer draw distance, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO." Although whether it's much of an improvement or not in real world terms is certainly subjective...

Release date:

November 6th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and November 13th for Nintendo Switch surprisingly.

Expanded customization? (Not on the level seen in non-HP genre games, of course)

"(Brand new) wraps and car colours."

Miscellaneous changes and quality of life improvements etc include:

• Cross-play between platforms.
  • All the additional main DLC delivered at launch, hopefully this includes the DLC exclusive online modes too!
  • An extra six hours of gameplay, with over 30 extra challenges. There's a catch though, speculation suggests that it could just be the DLC content added-on rather than brand new events.
  • Brand new achievements.
  • Reduced hard stops, which intrigues me considering there was a Burnout style crash cam and quite a few walls which can't exactly be reduced outside of complete removal.
  • An updated photo mode and gallery, which I suspect may take a similar form to that of the snapshot sharing system under GHOST, or more likely pick up from where the Autolog photos element on the menu wall left off.
  • And more (unspecified) quality of life improvements.

Overall, I'm not entirely sure whether I'll buy it at present... Although cross-play will resurrect the almost completely extinct online scene of the previous generation, I'm not sure whether this is enough to make me choose the remaster over my original PS3 copy.

REIGNITE THE PURSUIT!

Message 1 of 26 (1,766 Views)

Re: What changes can we expect from HP2010 Remastered?

@Jacobba55 wrote:

Car list:

Doesn't appear to have changed, at all. However, the DLC looks like it will be included, so technically those on PC will have the opportunity to use cars previously inaccessible. Can be found here for anyone interested: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered/news/nfs-hp-rema...

Three cars have been removed from the Remastered version:

1. Carbon Motors E7

2. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722

3. Mercedes-Benz SLR Sterling Moss

Jacobba55 wrote:

Miscellaneous changes and quality of life improvements etc include:

• An extra six hours of gameplay, with over 30 extra challenges.

It's speculation, but people claimed the extra 6 hours of gameplay is just the DLC content that was released back then (which was entirely missing for the PC version back then).

Both of which I saw in the Need For Speed subreddit: Hot Pursuit Remastered Discussion Thread (Releasing November 6, 2020 PC,XBOX,PS4 - 13th for Switch) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 26 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@TheRealJony

Goddammit, can't I ever get anything right?

But thank you for correcting me, if anything that makes it a "demaster" in some regards! The SLR particularly will be missed by myself and others too no doubt... Guessing the E7 would've been difficult to license.

On the topic of the extra content, you are very right, and should that be the case it'd be highly disappointing. Judging by the track record for EA and GHOST/"old Criterion" (not necessarily indicative of Criterion's return of course) that may well be the case. I do hope for the best though (that'd be the scenario where there are significant differences and the events were brand-new) which is unlike me!

Very sorry for my stupidity. Thought I'd jump on the NFS HP2010 remastered board as quickly as possible, but that clearly backfired, haha.

Thanks again, have yourself a good one!

Message 3 of 26 (1,714 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony The 3 packs events of Porsche Unleashed/Lamborghini Untamed(I wish this become next NFS game)/Super Sports were possible to be used in PC version of original HP2010 with mods.But the cars are still impossible to be moved to PC(without emulator of PS3)
Message 4 of 26 (1,672 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 SLR duo wont return because the complexity of Mc/Merc license problem(AKA EA refuse to pay double time)E7 was because Carbon bankrupted back in 2013 for fraud and lack of funding.So all 3 missing cars are reasonable.SLR 722 was used by SCPD in the event Hotting Up(Shown in trailer)so they were replaced by Sesto Elemento from Lamborghini Untamed pack.Quite weird replacement,I thought MP4-12C will be the replacement.
Message 5 of 26 (1,670 Views)

★★ Novice

I was REALLY hoping they would add a single player Free Play mode, so there was something other than Career mode. Just being able to modify any of the career events to use whatever car you'd like (a la Forza Horizon's Blueprint system) would make this a day one purchase for me, for sure. Haven't heard anything about this yet though.... Hopefully I'm not the only one who wants this feature.

Message 6 of 26 (1,644 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Gobzer Gameplay mode wont be affected by Remaster.So no more mode will come to it.
Message 7 of 26 (1,636 Views)

★★ Novice

They may not add a new mode, but just removing the vehicle restrictions from an event once you complete it would be a very easy quality of life update and would increase the replay value astronomically. For those of us less interested in multiplayer, at any rate. I just want to be able to drive whatever car I want on whatever track I want. Like how a fully featured racing game would have been made 15 years ago haha

Message 8 of 26 (1,624 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Gobzer

Yeah, I can understand that.

Sounds like a pretty good idea, but did you mean removing the vehicle restrictions on model specific events, or removing the vehicle class restriction from those events entirely? It's something I've been discussing with a friend actually!

The first would mean you could use cars made by other manufacturers (in the Lamborghini Gallardo specs only Hot Pursuit event, for example), and the second would mean you could use the likes of traffic Crown Vics and FPISs in any event category, as well as the other way around presumably, which would require the records to still be tied to a class to prevent hyper car times on a sports car event!

Nice idea, I like it, and you're very right about the last part hahaha.

Message 9 of 26 (1,609 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GK3512

Sadly, I expect you're right about that... 

Personally, I was hoping for some kind of enhanced freedrive. It would definitely boost the quality of single player, but I'll concede that it isn't necessarily in line with the Hot Pursuit philosophy (or at least the 2010 one) since it's typically a fight to the finish and nothing more.

I'd hope that it would've made the game a little more open-world, and function as a spontaneous Interceptor or Hot Pursuit event without the time limit or bust criteria respectively. Freeroam cops could also be incorporated, we already had a Shelby GT500 highway patrol unit outside both SCPD stations, but they were merely props. It would've been awesome to have cops parked up at speed traps (and maybe even patrolling if possible) just as they are in events on both sides of the law!

Having more power and a remaster at their disposal, I don't see why this wouldn't be a golden opportunity for Criterion/Stellar to deliver an experience that is the superlative of the HP genre. Unfortunately, some aspects of the last-gen original appear to equal or even exceed those of its upcoming remaster...

Message 10 of 26 (1,611 Views)