Radio Silence, any more update?

by yeahatnet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Radio Silence, any more update?

★ Apprentice

3 months passed and there are still many bugs that need to be fixed, but the devs have no communication with the community since the last update, is there any more update? Please let us know.

Message 1 of 6 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Radio Silence, any more update?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @yeahatnet @Jacobba55 

Sorry for the late response. We currently don't have any information on any future patches. My advice would be to keep an eye on our Official NFS Twitter for news on future updates🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (763 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@yeahatnet

Whilst I definitely don't have the answer, I'm eager to know as well...

If memory serves, I remember thinking those exact thoughts a few days before they added the wrap editor relatively unannounced. Unless the circumstances change, the few updates we do get may continue to be spontaneous in nature, IF we even get another one that is.

It would also be nice to have a better link between the community and developers, as this has definitely NOT been the strong point of NFS in recent years unfortunately. Hopefully we'll hear something soon, thanks for raising this!

Message 2 of 6 (828 Views)

Hey there @yeahatnet @Jacobba55 

Sorry for the late response. We currently don't have any information on any future patches. My advice would be to keep an eye on our Official NFS Twitter for news on future updates🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6 (764 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Joz

Well, that's an answer. I'm already following NFS on another social media, nothing yet unfortunately... Thank you.

If it's not too much trouble, as I've noticed you resolving other topics across the forums, would you be able to take any feedback? I already know about EA HELP etc, I was just wondering if the team is looking for any insight or seeking input from the community at this point in time?

If that's the case, I'm sure myself and many others would be more than happy to help! Although you can't take on unsolicited suggestions, we've all got our own vision of what NFS should be and I'm willing to share that if it helps. It's a shame that the next installment has been delayed, but I suppose that's the way things are; if you do have anything more you could share with us though, that'd be grand. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6 (751 Views)

@Jacobba55 My pleasure! Feedback is always welcomed here in the forums😎

Joz.png
Message 5 of 6 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Joz Much obliged. I would've submitted feedback via the forums, but there doesn't appear to be a place to do so; it wouldn't be right to post unrelated topics on the HP Remastered board after all!

Where do I start? I'll begin by directing you to a topic I myself created concerning the damage bar mechanic's flaws (https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Damage-quot-Health-bar-quot-We-need-to-have-a-talk/td-p...) prior to the release of Heat in 2019, as well as recommending a formal fan feedback document circulated on the NFS Reddit last year that I believe has already been taken on board by the team... Many other topics across the Payback, Heat, and HPR EA AHQ forums explore various issues and should be taken on board as well.

There's so much to unpack, so I might not get through everything, but the essence of it is that Need for Speed had taken a turn for the worse by most accounts around 2010 or so; this turning point varies depending on who you ask, as does what NFS means to any given individual! Consequently, most players will have a favourite game that represents what NFS means to them, and that's also why NFS occasionally experiences an "identity crisis" of sorts - developers and players alike can't agree on what the franchise stands for unfortunately.

However for me, that game would be Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005. Although it may be the nostalgia talking, it genuinely was a pioneer and a trailblazer in Need for Speed games; Rhinos, Speedbreaker, Pursuit breakers, speedtrap and tollbooth events are all unique features that made their debut with this game. If it weren't for NFSMW, we wouldn't have the iconic feature of "Rhino" units in pursuits! The original Most Wanted represented the classic exotics vs cops ethos of the 1990s games combined with the tuning and customization culture of the previous Underground duo, with satisfying handling, realistic police radio chatter and tactics, a great feeling of progression with the blacklist/bounty milestones and rap sheet, and an engaging story coming together beautifully. Don't forget Challenge Series either! In short, I want a little bit of that "Most Wanted (2005) magic" that made the game so great that many still play it to this day.

A return to form needs a radical overhaul of how all aspects are structured to escape the precedent of overpromising and undelivering sadly set by recent NFS games. Freeroam cops (which we have to specify solely due to Payback) are non-negotiable, a variety of events types (sprint, circuit, speedtrap, lap knockout, drag etc) are essential, professional cops utilising complex adaptive A.I. that don't rely on a health meter to bust the suspect enhance the game, a diverse & balanced car list, an engaging grip handling model that is easy to play and appropriately hard to master, an open-world environment with a variety of roads and terrains to drive in, and lasting support that keeps the game alive, are all necessary... But a few driveable police cars with working lights/sirens and potentially older characters returning would also be nice, personal wish of mine. (Also, please DO NOT add crash cams/crash cutscenes or continue the current car "ragdolling" when crashing as it disturbs gameplay quite a bit).

If there's only one thing that the team takes from my own and others feedback, it has to be take your time and don't rush it; get the core aspects of the game (especially handling and pursuits) to the standard that consumers expect first as an absolute minimum, BEFORE working on the finer details and finishing touches. With such a prestigious franchise, a truly great game has to be carefully built from the ground up! If it helps, the developers could even play some of the older NFS games (Most Wanted 2005, Carbon, Hot Pursuit 2010 etc) to get a sense of what people enjoy and want to see!

If you can read all of that, thank you mate, hope yourself and the team are all well and staying safe. We're all expecting very big things for 2022, so don't hold back! 😁

Message 6 of 6 (726 Views)