Please, fix the traffic for Hot Pursuit Remastered.

by Tr0llSt4r

Original Post

Please, fix the traffic for Hot Pursuit Remastered.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey folks, hope you all have a great day.
Today I wanted to complain about the VERY annoying traffic issues that Hot Pursuit Remastered has ever since launch... 
Those issues are: Ghost traffic and traffic pop up.
Ghost traffic can be defined as invisible traffic, and player from other platform can be seen crashing while there's nothing in front of them... Sometimes traffic doesn't appear, but sometimes after they crash, it instantly pops up, which give a very short window to react.
Traffic pop up is well, like an ad that pops up onto your screen; It can spawn in an instant, giving you 0 time to react and caused you (or other players) to crash.
Sometimes traffic pop up can also appear in the form of traffic spawning under your car, which make your car float and when you land, you lost control.
Sometimes traffic pop up can appear as "car stacking", which is 1 traffic car that spawns on another. 
I'm speaking on the behalf of the Hot Pursuit Remaster player-base, to fix all of this issues up, as it creates a very unfair environment for players on different systems. 
Thank you. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,637 Views)

Re: Please, fix the traffic for Hot Pursuit Remastered.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Tr0llSt4r

Great summary of this issue, and I agree wholeheartedly!

Not entirely sure if it's exacerbated by crossplay when playing online, but it certainly feels like it sometimes...

My only advice would be to stay out of oncoming (particularly on freeway tunnels!) when you don't need to be there and be extra careful over blind crests, even though that makes the unfair disadvantage worse, since driving in oncoming provides extra nitrous.

How ridiculous that we've raised this issue repeatedly, and that it still hasn't been fixed despite two patches. Best of luck getting it fixed!

Message 2 of 8 (2,534 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Jacobba55 Yes, it's ridiculous how after 2 patches, there's not even a fix for it despite many mentions of it...

Also based on an experience with a friend who plays on a PlayStation console, I can confirm that cross-play causes the issues, and the main issues is that traffic isn't synced across all system, which would cause all the issues above to happen.
Message 3 of 8 (2,530 Views)

TRAFFIC CARS ARE PAINFULLY BUGGY

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If you can't fix the traffic in this game, would you mind removing it from online multiplayer?

I'm tired if traffic cars spawning instantly ahead of you. Also, Input steering is painfully slow to evade those instant traffic spawn.

Also, fix roadblock hit boxes. I recall crashing into open spot while my car being aligned  perfectly.

It seems like every updates are ruining the game even more.

Message 4 of 8 (2,527 Views)

Re: TRAFFIC CARS ARE PAINFULLY BUGGY

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Mostwanted7171Too be fair the traffic has been bad since Criterion started making NFS, Ghost games have just continued the same way. Since they used the same Frostbite engine, that is why we still have this bad traffic model. And i dont think it will change with Criterion back as NFS dev, by the way there will sadly be no new game this year. Since Criterion is working a new Battlefield game, so we are stuck with Hot Pursuit Remaster and of course Heat.

Message 5 of 8 (2,503 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

for me they very often despawn in front of me lol

Message 6 of 8 (2,434 Views)

★★ Novice

Still an issue in November of 2021 and it is getting progressively worse.  I think it IS crossplay related.  I've also had issues with my weapons not working on PS players (im on xbsx).  Would be great if they could fix this! 

Message 7 of 8 (1,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BVBgamer88, I agree because I have Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered on the Nintendo Switch, and beaten the whole thing, from racer to cop, and surely if they do remove annoying traffic in the game for example, then I would have a new personal best time in SeaCrest Tour with the current car, the Gumpert Apollo S. My current best time is 11:53.14, and still working on getting it beat with so many traffic getting in the way. I mean, they could decrease the spawning of traffic, which would make the game a lot better, if you know what I mean.
Message 8 of 8 (505 Views)