[PC] Fixing LOD's, textures, and more

by nfsoscar557

Original Post

[PC] Fixing LOD's, textures, and more

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm not gonna complain too much about the fact that this is a very lazy remaster or the fact that some parts of the game ( Like audio, for example ) were not even remastered, and some others were made worse ( Textures, for example ).

Still, i understand the team working on this project isn't huge, after all, EA is EA, the others are the others.

But i still have hope, otherwise i wouldn't be here.

So my question was, can those problems be fixed, or at the very least acknowledged by the team working on the title at the moment ?

The first one being :

The first problem is with the Audi TT RS, but also with a few others cars in the game.

All related to LOD problems, i think.

For the Audi TT RS, there's a problem where the texture and normal mapping of the petrol cap disappears in-game, only the material changes.

Though the texture and normal mapping appear fine in the garage.

I would've liked to add pictures but i'm on mobile and the limit here is 3 Mb.

But also, there was a slightly bigger problem that still haven't been adressed to this day :

As far as i know, this remaster is straight up a rework of the latest-update of the PS3 port of the original game.

Evidence is everywhere, but the most problematic one has to be the textures. 

A ton of environnemental textures ( Seacrest folder in the game files ) and vehicles textures were originally made in higher resolution on the original PC port of the game, including normal maps, etc ...

I wanted to know if it was in " the plans " for a future update to add these back into the remaster, as some mods ( Modifications, not moderators ) out there have already achieved this somewhat successfully. 

It would be a shame to see the original game looking better than the remaster, especially considering the price of that remaster.

There may be a few other issues that i would like to talk about though :

- The first one being fixing the UV mapping on some ( If not all ) cars on the wrap editor ( While coordinates may be the same, there is, sometimes, differences in parallelism between one side of the car and the other, for example )

- Adding a " cut/copy & paste " feature to the latest wrap editor, silly but crucial

- Fixing input-delays related to online gameplay, especially using weapons online 

As i know, the game is already in 2.0 at the moment and we're probably not gonna see any more improvements over time due to budget/priorities restrains, but these are very crucial to the experience, in my opinion, but also in the opinion of a lot of other people.

Any fixes or improvements regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, i hope this could work out, and i wish you a have a nice day.

Message 1 of 3 (438 Views)

Re: [PC] Fixing LOD's, textures, and more

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@nfsoscar557Im already suspecting after dis update Stellar has abandoned ship... At best we might see a patch on bug fixes b4 June but other than tht like BPR, they'll just go meh.

If i were to add a suggestion the highest priority would be fixing the traffic sync online. My god the traffic sync is horrible and its still not resolved in the latest patch...
Also fix the pause menu crashing in certain events too... How can ya expect stellar to fix bugs when they cant even get the basics right? 

Message 2 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: [PC] Fixing LOD's, textures, and more

★★ Novice

Yeah, the online hasn't been upgraded, it definitely feels like playing back in 2010.

Message 3 of 3 (391 Views)