Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remastered Key change crash

by Mafijc85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remastered Key change crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi. Whenever I want to change keys in options/gameplay, when I press enter to assign new key, the game crashes. Clean start doesn't help. Unpluging controlers also doesn't help.

Windows 10, i7 4710HQ, 24GB ram, Geforce GTX 980M.

Edit: Setting compatibility for Windows 8 and disabling the fullscreen optimization did the trick for now. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remastered Key change crash

Community Manager

Hi @Mafijc85 Can you try the following and check if this continues?

• Clear Origin Cache or Clear EA App's Cache 
  • Repair via the Origin client 
  • Ensure the game's installation location is allowed to be written to (versus read-only)
  • Ensure any security software is not blocking changes (adding the client and game to a whitelist can help with this)
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay and any other running overlays 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,143 Views)

All Replies

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remastered Key change crash

Community Manager

Hi @Mafijc85 Can you try the following and check if this continues?

• Clear Origin Cache or Clear EA App's Cache 
  • Repair via the Origin client 
  • Ensure the game's installation location is allowed to be written to (versus read-only)
  • Ensure any security software is not blocking changes (adding the client and game to a whitelist can help with this)
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay and any other running overlays 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (1,144 Views)