Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - Patch 2

by AceB011

Original Post

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - Patch 2

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello there!

Tomorrow, February 25, we’ll be releasing Patch 2 for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered on all platforms. It should be available from 9 AM UTC.

This patch introduces a brand new feature that has not been in the original Need for Speed Hot Pursuit game: A Wrap Editor!

This allows you to customize your cars, apply your own style, and stand out of the crowd.

If you’ve played a recent Need for Speed title, you should be quickly familiar with the wrap editor. A few facts about it:

• Player-made wraps are personal only and cannot be shared between players
  • Customized wraps can be seen in online races, including in cross-play
  • The decal limit for each wrap is 300 decals or 100 MB, whichever is reached first
  • Functionality to report inappropriate wraps has been implemented at the end screen of a multiplayer race.

In addition to that, most cars have also received a couple of pre-made wraps to add more variety. You can access both the wrap editor and the pre-made wraps from the showroom.

The team also worked on a few other things, so let’s jump into the more detailed update notes:

Wrap Editor

• Added the Wrap Editor functionality
  • Added a decal editor
  • Enabled customised wraps to be seen in online races
  • Implemented a reporting functionality for wrap content after the end of an online race

Maximum setting

• Implemented a new Maximum Setting mode for Gen 4+ and Gen 5 consoles. This allows the game to run in 4K60fps on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, and uncapped to 4k50+ on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

Bug fixes

Stability

• Overall stability improvements and memory usage optimisation
  • Fixed an issue where the game could crash during the “Protect and Swerve” event, when entering the menu during a collision and restarting the game
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to the title crashing when too much autolog data was retrieved from the server, for example by having many friends that raced the same tracks as yourself.

Lobbies

• When changing from Interceptor to another game mode, the lobby should no longer be locked to two players
  • Cars should no longer spawn on top of each other during multiplayer Most Wanted events

Visual

• The correct PSN icon is now showing in the Friends menu
  • Fixed an issue where not all player positions were shown during a multiplayer Most Wanted event in a full lobby
  • Corrected the position of a floating patch of grass in front of the Seacrest Tiki Motel
  • Fixed a corrupted frame that would appear during the Sand Timer race event
  • VoIP settings are working more reliably, and the VoIP icons are displayed correctly
  • When unlocking a specific event, the correct cinematic should now be playing
  • Fixed a few instance to better align UI elements

Sony PlayStation

• Joining a friend via “Join Session” should now be working as intended

Microsoft Xbox

• Fixed an issue where the title could crash when switching controllers when the Xbox menu was open

Nintendo Switch

• Fixed a rare occasion where players could get stuck in the transition from lobby screen to race

Other

• Optimised autolog reporting functionality

See you on the streets of Seacrest County.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 15 (32,438 Views)

★★ Novice

Finally, thanks <3. That car spawn bug was beyond a pain in the bum in MW lol

Message 2 of 15 (28,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My copy of the game is no longer showing as installed after the recent update and when I try to download and install the game again, then right after attempting to download the game I get an error telling me to try re-launching the game.

Error Launching The Game

The game Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit Remastered does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game.

Message 3 of 15 (26,079 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

wow awesome thanks very much <3 cheers!

Message 4 of 15 (27,286 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David Patch is broken on Origin, after installing it asks to update again. Done a full re-install of the game and it still prompts for an update afterwards.
Message 5 of 15 (27,250 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David Thanks for the update, but this update didn't address the issues which I mentioned here, hope the devs acknowledge it and fix it in next update.

All the visual glitches I found so far (with screenshots) - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Message 6 of 15 (26,865 Views)

★★ Novice

The update fixed some issues. But traffic cars still spawn from nowhere. Atleast on my experience on switch.

Message 7 of 15 (25,984 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_David Could you tell us whats the logic between having performance mode and maximum on ps5... if both can run at locked 60 fps? or the maximum setting can go under 60fps? And there's a thing
I would like to point out is that whenever I try to put music from spotify as a background theme in game, the soundtrack of the game still playing, so the songs are mixed, the spotify doesn't overlap pausing the in-game track... thats very akward... if this would be fixed in a next update would be nice. Another thing uncomfortable to point out is there is no option to turn off the sirens of cops automatically (with an added menu options) without pressing L3· each time a new race starts. Thanks for your support and for making this game a better experience
Message 8 of 15 (25,555 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Errrr... don't you know that there is a music volume setting in the NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered Settings on the main menu?

Message 9 of 15 (25,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Why no effort has been taken to at least uncap frame limit on Xbox Series S? The console is technically capable to run the game 60 FPS in 1080p resulution with ease.

Are you planning next patch which will include Series S?

Message 10 of 15 (22,280 Views)