Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered laggy & stuttering

by TheGamingSKITZ

Original Post

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered laggy & stuttering

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So recently ive had this issue with NFSHP Remastered giving me 10-15 fps during intro & gameplay. Ive done a whole list of items & i still cant get this issued solved. This is the list ive tried to get my fos back up & running well. 

Updated Bios✅ Updated Vbios✅ Updated Drivers✅ Updated Chipset Drivers✅ Added all the VCRedis C++ files✅ Cleared CMOS✅ Re-Seated all hardware (Ram by putting 1 stick in at a time)✅ Tried older GPU after DDU AMD drivers✅(no pcie power on older GPU. loaded stuff faster) Tried many multiple older drivers✅ Turned Game Bar✅ Turned Off Game Mode✅ No HDD exists in system ✅ Tried the Ryzen CPU Thread code for "Fix for NFS Heat"✅ Tried different PCIE cables✅(only had one extra 8pin) Have no friends with PSU to test✅ Tried Reinstalling Origin✅ tried Reinstalling EA desktop app✅ Tried Clean Windows 11 Fresh✅ Tried Clean Windows 10 Fresh✅ Tried installing games to OS drive✅ Turned off SysMain. Humoring myself✅ Turned off all overlays✅ Cant turn off/on Hardware Acceleration GPU Scheduling because it cant be found since 20.5.1 beta(also tried that one)✅ Tried a simple Restart✅ I set power to High Performance✅ Disabled CrossPlay(Ea's idea)✅ tried the borderless & full screen method ✅. 

If anyone is having the same issue please let me know so EA can see this better by clicking Me Too option or reply in Agreement. According to MSI Afterburner im only using while in Games Menu 7-9w of GPU power, 50-53w of CPU power. 0-2% GPU usage & 40-50% CPU usage. Temps are great. 37c & 44c respectively. Like i said these frames happen throughout the entire game. From intro to gameplay. 

Edit: Bought a new Power Supply & still having issues.  

EA please just update the game to where it fixes laggy & stuttering issues for some users

Message 1 of 4 (2,087 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered laggy & stuttering

★★★ Newbie
@TheGamingSKITZ hi, for fix low fps in intro, menu, maps : go to inside UI folder of game and delete folder MOVIES-4K, tell me if this help you
Message 2 of 4 (977 Views)

★★ Novice

Howdy! I did find out that it was SAM Feature with AMD was causing my issue. Normally SAM would increase performance but it did quite the opposite. I didnt know until a month after i bought the power supply. I turned it off & everything went back to normal. Which im kinda sad about because i really wanted to use that feature but its been broken for quite sometime for me & even submitted to AMD & still nothing 

Message 3 of 4 (968 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can you confirm that this resolves the issue in the following location?

In "Coral Bay Drive", there is a curve going around a rock formation near the start in the Free Drive mode.

In the non-remaster version, shortly after I pass the phone booth at the middle of that curve, frame rates plummet.

On the reverse trip back through the curve, I have to get well past the phone booth, almost out of the curve before frame rates plummet again. 

I believed at the time it was a traversal stutter, as a result of an open world game which needed more VRAM. 

Message 4 of 4 (778 Views)