Re: NFS™ Hot Pursuit Remastered Update delivers new wrap editor on February 25

by DJPanzerschlag

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony New rewards like cars/weapons aren't possible since this is a Remaster set to replicate original Criterion HP from 2010(E7/SLR 199 are dropped for licenses problem and their return may remain impossible).New events are also unlikely to happen since both cars and events from 4 main DLC are included from day 1 in this remaster.However Bounty is now unlocked so players can go for bounty over 2 million cap in the original HP2010.Sadly other than more useless bounty there's nothing for players to earn after they unlock everything and got rank 20 Most Wanted/Ultimate Enforcer name.
Message 11 of 30 (2,522 Views)

★★ Novice

@WSP_SCPDArmor23  hi lol, i hope you're ready to die by my livery covered car Wink

Message 12 of 30 (2,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I just wanted to tell that the E7 isn't coming back because the company who made the futuristic looking police car has gotten bankrupt in some years now. And I'm sorry to say this but it doesn't look like the Stirling Moss is coming back either to Hot Pursuit anytime soon unfortunately.

Message 13 of 30 (2,505 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TBP71_S15 Both SLR 199 are dropped for duel licenses problem.Rivals was the last NFS to have SLR 199 because it was used in the 2014 film then got added as part of film car pack.
Message 14 of 30 (2,494 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Sadly it's racer only as far as I can tell. 

Message 15 of 30 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Stop complaining and just enjoy the game

Message 16 of 30 (2,450 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@GK3512 Yeah you're right. Thanks for replying and have a nice day.

Message 17 of 30 (2,431 Views)

@GK3512 wrote:
New rewards like cars/weapons aren't possible since this is a Remaster set to replicate original Criterion HP from 2010(E7/SLR 199 are dropped for licenses problem and their return may remain impossible).New events are also unlikely to happen since both cars and events from 4 main DLC are included from day 1 in this remaster.However Bounty is now unlocked so players can go for bounty over 2 million cap in the original HP2010.Sadly other than more useless bounty there's nothing for players to earn after they unlock everything and got rank 20 Most Wanted/Ultimate Enforcer name.

This update did bring in a wrap editor, which was something that wasn't in the original game.

So it is possible to have new stuff like events, tracks, and rewards added to the Remaster that wasn't in the original game. (Although I am not holding my breath for new events, tracks, and rewards though. It's just something I wish to see.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 30 (2,409 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony TBH I never think HP needs a wrap editor.However back in Paradise HD Stellar didn't add any modes or cars not in the original game.Cosmetic Custom is for games like UG/MW or Ghost NFS for their focus on street racing with daily cars in busy city.HP on the other hand is like Test Drive from 1980s-Top Cars+Natural Scenery+Police Pursuit.So HP doesn't need Custom from the very beginning.Even EA Canada knows to drop HP name when they added custom into NFS1999(High Stakes)
Message 19 of 30 (2,401 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think the livery editor is ruining the game, necessarily, but I otherwise mostly agree.

This is the first NFS title I've purchased in 10 years. The last title I bought? Hot Pursuit 2010

HP2010 and this remaster are the last gasp of what made the NFS series great in the first place, IMO; UG1 and 2 threw the series off the rails and it's never recovered, instead opting to be the Fast and Furious of the racing game genre.

I just want exotic cars, exotic locations, cops, and proper wheel support. The first 6 games were a fantastic distillation of the arcade racer genre; no stories, no characters, just open roads and putting the pedal to the metal.

And bring back Rom Di Prisco!

Message 20 of 30 (2,351 Views)