NFS™ Hot Pursuit Remastered Update delivers new wrap editor on February 25

by EA_David

Original Post

NFS™ Hot Pursuit Remastered Update delivers new wrap editor on February 25

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

You might have already shown Seacrest County what you’re capable of in terms of pure speed and skills behind the wheel. But are you ready to do it in style? We sure hope so – because the update arriving to Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit Remastered on February 25 includes the new wrap editor.

And if you’re on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X we’ve got some additional slick-looking news for you: downloading this update will improve your resolution and performance to 4K/60FPS. PlayStation®4 Pro and Xbox One X players will also see a boost in visual fidelity with 4K/uncapped 50+ FPS.

The wrap editor is a brand new feature for NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered, one which wasn’t included in the original game. It allows players to create elaborate designs and custom liveries for any of their cars. For those of you who have used the wrap editor in NFS Heat, this will be a familiar experience.

Next to the color picker, you’ll see two more symbols:

• One for the wrap editor
  • One for pre-made wraps.

The option to apply pre-made wraps means that you can outfit your rides with fresh, custom looks even if you’re not into making your own.

Here are some details regarding the wrap editor’s functionality:

• Player-made wraps are personal only – they cannot be shared between players
  • Customized wraps can be seen in online races, including in cross-play
  • The decal limit for each wrap is 300 decals or 100 MB, whichever is reached first
  • Functionality to report inappropriate wraps has been implemented at the end screen of a multiplayer race.

Some additional bug fixing and tweaking have gone into this update as well – which you can read all about in our dedicated post from the community team.

We hope that you will enjoy the new update – we can’t wait to see your creations speeding down the roads of Seacrest County starting February 25!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 30 (23,146 Views)

Re: NFS™ Hot Pursuit Remastered Update delivers new wrap editor on February 25

★★★★ Pro
@EA_David Really?A Livery/Wrap editor in HOT PURSUIT?Back in 1999 when NFS first got custom with High Stakes it mocked custom cars in the intro with that Totaled Civic.Yet here in 2021,22 years later dev team bringing cosmetic custom to Hot Pursuit-the sub-series inline with 90s original games.You already have new games like Heat/2015/The Run with cosmetic custom feature to lure most of[Car Culture] players.Why RUINING HOT PURSUIT with a pointless but popular now feature that most of fanbase for HP don't ask.HP is about high end cars racing each other in STOCK FORM with cops in HOT PURSUIT.Not some punks with fancy pointless livery hatchback.If EA wants 90s era fans' money then do it true to the original when HD an old title or just give it up totally.This is turning HP2010 into what it mocked in the first place.Also confirming future NFS won't see a pure 90s style game ever again.Very bad move bring a very pathetic future of the legendary series.RIP NFS,you will be missed.
Message 2 of 30 (23,113 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Will cops also have some sort of preset cop liveries or is it just racers only?

Message 3 of 30 (23,087 Views)

★★ Novice
@GK3512
Who cares?, the world does not revolve around you. People can get fun of this because is new for this game but your mad asf because is "ruining" it? Cmon your better than this..
Message 4 of 30 (23,063 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SgtDevil69 HP2010 itself is a remake of 1998 NFS3 HP.Criterion confirmed during E3 2010 the cores of this game are Exotic Cars/Epic Drive/Hot Pursuit.So clearly this game was designed without livery system or wrap editor.Even during E3 the early edition HP2010 lacked such feature.Then why add it to an already finished game without the need for such things.Remastered game is only doing HD and port job,not adding features not in the original game before.
Message 5 of 30 (23,044 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I mean you can just i guess not use it if you want to keep it OG?

The only thing i may be worried is if dis patch add new bugs (patch #1 did bruh)

Message 6 of 30 (23,029 Views)

What I am looking for in a new update is something to do. And what I would like to do is play new events, new tracks, or playing to earn something.

Unfortunately, this update doesn't have any of that.

Despite people still playing NFS Heat for the customization feature, I am not one of them. I haven't played NFS Heat since completing the free Black Market stuff on day 1 of that update.

This update won't bring me back to playing, but it's cool for people that have the itch to customize their cars though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 30 (23,022 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@WSP_SCPDArmor23 Judging by Paraidse HD and its update.This update may also brings new bugs to the game.After all Stellar isn't very good at making a bug-free game and HP2010 HD started out with a pointless level 21 target not seen in original version.
Message 8 of 30 (23,026 Views)

★★ Novice
@GK3512 First, did i ask to tell me the story? even you know what happend to MW12? if you don't know then shut your mouth. Second, Stellar is doing this job not criterion and third is NOT obligatory than the game must be a lazy port of the old gen consoles.
Message 9 of 30 (22,999 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SgtDevil69 MW2012/MW2 project was rushed so hard Criterion fell apart after this game(Alex and Fiona left EA to start their own team TFE and current Criterion is just Ghost with an old name).The original MW2 game wasn't finished because Criterion lacked time to do it.MW2012 on the other hand was Burnout 6 renamed to MW with real cars changed into it.HP2010 didn't suffer from rush or huge content delete/change,so what we got back in 2010 was all Criterion planned for this title.Stellar consists of ex-Criterion members so they are Criterion in some way.Stellar only made 2 games so far-Burnout Paradise Remastered and NFS HP2010 Remastered.Both game used Renderware/Chameleon engine rather than Frostbite that's more common in current EA games.Stellar lacked experience with other engine and non-Criterion projects.Sadly even these 2 Remastered game are still buggy even they port it to new platforms.
Message 10 of 30 (22,992 Views)