Re: Launch crash

by BuckoA51

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Launch crash

★★ Novice

so i`ve been trying to launch the game but everytime i do it it crashes instantly and literally cant even pass through start menu. i`ve checked everything from gpu drivers or corrupt files but i got no luck it keeps crashing. If anyone had the same problem i would appreciate a lot if you have any kind of solution for this

Message 1 of 11 (4,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey @cr33p_777 can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,857 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @cr33p_777 can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 11 (3,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic i installed the game and it never launched apparently it is not supported on windows 11 which is the one i have and it's really annoying
Message 3 of 11 (3,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue here I fancied a quick game today and nothing, won't launch, is this really not compatible with Windows 11? It's the first modern game I've heard that won't work on Win 11?

Edit - Nevermind, it was Discord, disabling Discord in-game overlay fixed things for me.

So I decided to play again tonight, turned off Discord, launched the game...black screen then instant crash to desktop.

Started disabling my apps one by one, suddenly, after Disabling DisplayFusion, the game launched.

I quit the game, re-enabled DisplayFusion and guess what, the game still launched.

So, until anyone can prove any different I'm putting this down to some issue with the games DRM, EA Desktop being screwy or similar, as I can't figure it can be anything else.

Once again, legitimate customers get the raw deal it seems.

Message 4 of 11 (3,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still have the Issue, the overlay is off and was never on.

Message 5 of 11 (1,730 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you found a solution to this problem yet?
EA Launcher might just beat Rockstar and Ubish*t for the title of worst and most pointless launcher ever Angry

Message 6 of 11 (1,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They have not fixed the damn problem because its and older game but we love playing the game. They had a fix for windows 10 but don't want to find a fix or don't care I don't know which 

Message 7 of 11 (950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

More than 3 people have this problem we who have windows 11 all have this problem I bought this new computer with better speed and graphic card just to play the game and I am very disappointed so if you are reading this could you please help us i have been reading on and off and i can assure you there are allot of us who can't play it on windows 11

Message 8 of 11 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found the solution to this problem finally, as I had the same issue and no solutions online solved it for me.

Find the exe file that launches the game, right click on it, hit More Options, select Troubleshoot Compatibility, then click Yes, then select The program requires additional permissions. It'll ask if it should apply compatibility settings or something, hit yes. It'll ask if it fixed the issue. The game should now launch.

Once the game finally launched no problem for me, it seemed to now run with the resolution not correct or something, even though it shows as correct on Geforce Experience. In the Geforce Experience app I was able to change it to windowed and then relaunch and this fixed the issue and in-game I then switched to Fullscreen and all has been well.

I hope this solves the issue for everyone!

Message 9 of 11 (861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you are a freaking life saver man ty so much

Message 10 of 11 (587 Views)