Re: Is Career Mode Only Option for Offline Play?

by GK3512

Original Post

Is Career Mode Only Option for Offline Play?

★★★ Newbie

Am I not seeing it, or is Career mode the only offline way to play this game?  I.E., is there no practice/exhibition mode where you can choose the map, race type, car types, and then just play against the IA?

Message 1 of 11 (5,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@MrFancypants920The campaign is Solo only, but you can compete with your friends via autolog. If one of your friends set a time in a race you can beat it, yes there is also a freemode where you can test cars. But that is also in singleplayer, in online you can play with friends. Also with cross play if your buddys are not on same platform as you.

Message 2 of 11 (5,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have any friends to compete with online.  I want to do a race against the IAA...is career mode all there is?

Message 3 of 11 (5,638 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MrFancypants920

As @BVBgamer88 has correctly said, there's only the following modes available in NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered:

• Offline Single Player Career (Cop Career/Racer Career, each with their respective events)
  • Offline Freeroam (Cop Freedrive/Racer Freedrive)
  • Online Multiplayer (Powered by Autolog, where you can join friends or other random players instead of A.I. in a variety of event types)

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love a feature like this myself, there's no system or option to create custom events or anything along those lines at this moment in time. Hope that answers your question?

Message 4 of 11 (5,624 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MrFancypants920 Yes unfortunerlty you can only compete against AI in the Solo campaign, most of Criterions racing games is either Solo or Mp, And one more thing you cant drive around as a cop and patroling, either in SP or in MP, this game is actually most fun in online.
Message 5 of 11 (5,623 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 You can drive in freeroam as a cop.But you can't bust others in freeroam(Both Racer/Cop use left ctrl to start freeroam in a location/district)Also it seems freeroam mileage won't be counted after you quit this mode.
Message 6 of 11 (5,595 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Yes thats what i really meant, because i have allways missed a mode in HP 10. Where we could arrest racers in free roam like you can in Rivals, except from that Hot Pursuit is a fun game.
Message 7 of 11 (5,587 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Sadly Rivals ruined balance between racer/cop.It was a perfect bad example of why freeroam shouldn't have health bar.
Message 8 of 11 (5,579 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Agreed, what i dont like with the Criterion NFS games is that you cant arrest racers in a old fashion way. Like you can in the original NFS games, and spikestrips should only damage the tires. Not the rest of the car, that is what i dont like with HP 10 and Rivals.
Message 9 of 11 (5,575 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 You can bust racer by just stop them for about 5-10 seconds.This method is widely used in interceptor WR for HP2010.However since HP events have multiple target,Takedown style bust is better.
Message 10 of 11 (5,558 Views)