Betreff: Hot pursuit remastered steering wheel support?

by GEARKNOBS3512

Original Post

Re: Hot pursuit remastered steering wheel support?

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous they make horrible games now but the one great game they remaster has no wheel support it doesn't even make sense are they trying to make nfs fail completely? By the way your words were amazing 

Message 71 of 83 (2,795 Views)

Logitech g29 nfs hot pursuit remastered

★★★ Newbie

Been thinking about buying nfs hot pursuit and was wondering, will the basic commands of my Logitech g29 work with the remastered version? I am on ps5

Message 72 of 83 (2,307 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@4Northstar Stellar is a rubbish team ruined both remasters.Paradise and Hot Pursuit remasters are both worse than original,more bug/less feature and almost unrecognizable graphic upgrade with bigger size.
Message 73 of 83 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BoxdGM Just bought the game and my ThrustMaster wheel and pedals are not recognized and wont work , nor can be set up under settings. Now for a refund.
Message 74 of 83 (1,909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a „little“ update...

Since the deadzone problem was never fixed (in comparison to the original Hot Pursuit 2010) until today (more than 2 years now) I moved back to the original.

That worked fine until last Thursday. Then I was forced from the Origin App to the new EA App.

Guess what? Right – the HP2010 doesn't start anymore. Tried everything to fix it – no chance.

Sent two error reports – no reaction yet.

Just for fun I opened up the HP Remastered version. It launches without any problem... except:

Still no option for a deadzone adjustment or at least a zero deadzone fix as it was made for the original. That's so dismal.

So just for now, I can't play any of the games that I like anymore. Great job EA.

BTW: Since the disaster with the Remastered HP version I didn't buy any EA product anymore, except UNBOUND because I was curious if things are maybe going in the right direction again.

After countless requests previously in the UNBOUND forum, it was finally confirmed that wheels are supported and were, quotation „thoroughly“ tested. So I ordered the game.

You guess it right? THEY ARE NOT. No options for anything not even button mapping for a wheel...

Half an hour later I got my refund, since I learned from the last disaster not to wait too long.

@EA: You are not doing things by halves right? You are not happy with just shoot oneself in the foot, no you are cropping the other leg also. Respect.

Message 75 of 83 (1,668 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crazyDJSIRm Which means the only way to properly play HP2010 original with steering wheel is a cracked edition.Since Stellar is just a useless outsource team without talent or experience.
Message 76 of 83 (1,653 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@GEARKNOBS3512 

Honestly this is not my kind of thinking.

1. I don’t care which team / developers will be behind a game, since I don’t buy it from them.
I buy it from the publisher and that is EA. So for me EA is responsible for the delivery of a working product. How they are doing it in the background is irrelevant for me. If they find a way to drill raccoons for programming – no problem for me, as long as the games / software / apps work as they should. (Presupposed the animal welfare is guaranteed)

2. Cracked Versions are no option for me, since I paid for the games, so again: EA is responsible, that the games work. And I love to pay for a good product because I want even more good products and support for the future. That needs money and I’m ok with that.

If the product doesn’t work – as just happened with UBOUND – I’ll get my money back right away.
No discussions anymore or waiting for the graciousness of EA to “maybe” solve a problem. Refund, direct and that’s it. As long as there will be maybe an update or patch, which really works. Then I can decide to buy again. BTW: UNBOUND was already discounted in German shops by up to 40%. So at least for me as a customer it’s a benefit.

It seems that getting money back / refund is currently the only way to force any changes for the future. Or not to buy at all. But that decision has to be done in person.

3. For the current situation: I will wait some days, if EA finds a way to get the EA App and HP2010 working again or that they finally fix the deadzone problem in the remastered version.
If nothing happens, I have to take the legal recourse.

Message 77 of 83 (1,640 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crazyDJSIRm Sadly after over 2 years since launch the game only gets a useless update of livery system.EA won't add any other feature or bugfix for HP2010 HD.It was a product of 2020 with most sale finished in 2021.Currently there's no profit in this game so EA drop it and promote Unbound instead (which was launched this month with potential of more profit) Sadly the bad launch sale performance of Unbound may lead to quick drop by EA with little to no update after a short time.
Message 78 of 83 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just want to add to the comments that my Logitech driving force gt worked fine in this game. Just needed to map the controller in the options. 

Message 79 of 83 (793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got a G27, and just bought the Hot Pursuit PS3 original version from 2010.

It's still working with Force Feedback, and still a pleasure.

At least , no disappointment there Wink

Message 80 of 83 (706 Views)