Re: Hot pursuit remastered steering wheel support?

by -TRR-De-M-oN

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Why you guys all say it doesnt work with wheel?

I played it with my G27 just fine. I even have Wheel Force Feedback.

It just says unknown device, but I can bind all the axis and keys and it works just fine

So I'm a bit confused what is your actual problem?

[quote]Thrustmaster T150 Pro and doesn't work. If I turn the wheel it takes it in asif I pushed a button... so fully turning or not turning... no fine controls... congrats EA go bury yourself but as deep as you just can... no steering wheel support in 2020... pathetic. Even indie games have steering wheel support... then why couldn't you guys... a freaking AAA company put in in the game officially. It's a shame that what this company has became.[/quote]

Ah this is the problem?

hmm for my G27 it seems to work properly.

Message 61 of 83 (9,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That doesnt work for those on xbox i would like to have my wheel work but by what i am reading here im screwed unless i use my pc this saddens me considering every other nfs since as far back as i can remember have steering wheel support and yall do this to the most iconic remastered nfs blows my mind but then you are losing money on the game from those that wont purchase it because of no wheel support its saddening

Message 62 of 83 (8,942 Views)

★★ Novice
@BVBgamer88 this is poor advice. you can easily use a playstation controller on pc, especially now as Steam has official support for PS5 controllers. There will always be a couple titles where the ps4/5 controllers won't show up on pc whereas the xbox ones will. but they are very few and far between.
Message 63 of 83 (8,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got win 7 64 bits. I ran NFS underground demo version and it worked well. Purchased NFS hot pursue and have problem. Program supposed to recognize the steering wheel just like the NFS underground but it did not. Any technical helps?

Message 64 of 83 (8,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got Logitech steering wheel. I downloaded Logitech software. I ran on need for speed underground demo version and it worked with steering wheel without doing any.

I then bought NFS hot pursue and found that it could not recognize the wheel. It said unidentified device.

How do I get the NFS hot pursue  work on the steering wheel?

Message 65 of 83 (8,462 Views)

★★ Guide

If you purchased the new "Remastered" Hot Pursuit you are out of luck. EA stripped out the wheel support during the "remaster". There is no steering wheel support in the "remastered" version. 

Message 66 of 83 (8,429 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My G27 wheel works in the PC remastered

Message 67 of 83 (8,419 Views)

★★ Guide

Consider yourself lucky. Officially there is no steering wheel support in the "remastered" version. I haven't heard from anybody having a wheel newer than the G27 reporting that the wheel worked. It might work for you because both the original game and the G27 were released the same year in 2010. I have the original version of Hot Pursuit and it picks up my G29 with no problem.

I just think it's being lazy and sloppy from EA calling a game "remastered" and then you strip a feature that was in the original game. They did the same thing with "Burnout Paradise". Called it "remastered" and stripped out the steering wheel support. Gave it a little eye candy and pushed it out the door. Sucks.

Message 68 of 83 (8,408 Views)

Remastered works fine with G29 on Windows 11. I had to run Logitech G Hub, set both pedals to single axis, range to 270 degrees, and then customise controller in NFS and map all wheel, pedal and button actions. G29 shows up as "Unknown" in NFS, but otherwise everything (force feedback etc.) works fine. Almost returned it based on comments here, but a little tweaking got it working. Standard smile

Message 69 of 83 (8,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even though my logitech steering wheel is supported under usb contyrollers in the OS, doesn't work in the game at all.

Message 70 of 83 (7,611 Views)