Re: Hot pursuit remastered steering wheel support?

by Tr0llSt4r

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Will not work with Thurstmaster or Fanatec... returning game.  

Message 51 of 83 (2,370 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since the 2nd update also doesn't finally brought the wheel support I'm really thinking about to take this case to court.

EAs description and advertising of the game says clearly: 

Get behind the wheel on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

PLS see attached screenshot.

In every language, not only just in English. So I see it as a clear fraud since the game does not support steering wheels at all - although the original game had it. So the expectation for a customer is clearly a steering wheel support.

The description and the advertising for the game is deceptive.

@EA_Davidor anyone who maybe cares - please forward this to your legal department and think about if it wouldn't be much cheaper to implement a steering wheel support again instead of paying hundreds of thousands of refunds. Your decision. You should take this seriously.false_testimony.JPG

Message 52 of 83 (2,303 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crazyDJSIRm Damn, going all out
Message 53 of 83 (2,264 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crazyDJSIRm Hey mate, I think you misunderstands what it means.
"Get behind the wheels" means getting behind the wheels of the car in the game, not getting behind the gaming wheels, or simulator wheels in real life.
I am not really an EA supporter, and I understand that wheel support being removed is annoying, but yea, hope this helps you...
Message 54 of 83 (2,200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Tr0llSt4rSerious? Wink But even if it is like that - it's still deceptive since there is no cockpit view.

In all languages the advertising and the description of the game suggests cleary that you can play that game by a steering wheel. And as a customer I can expect that a RACING GAME can be played by a steering wheel, especially if it is a REMASTER of a game which originally supported steering wheels.

I think the chances for a legal exam / court procedure are pretty good. Maybe it won't bring back the steering wheel support, but it will be expensive for EA and that will (hopefully) help that company to stop ignoring their customers consequently.

Message 55 of 83 (2,178 Views)

★★★ Pro
@crazyDJSIRm Just forget it i man EA have the best lawyers, you will lose easy too them in a court. Anyway i have not seen wheel support or cockpit view in NFS since the 90s honestly, EA Canada mostly made NFS games with cockpit. After BlackBox and Criterion they stopped that trend, because FF chav was more important.
Message 56 of 83 (2,168 Views)

@BVBgamer88 wrote:
Anyway i have not seen cockpit view in NFS since the 90s honestly

The last NFS game to have cockpit view was NFS Shift 2 Unleashed back in 2011.

So long time ago. 10 years ago.

Pretty Insane if you ask me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 57 of 83 (2,153 Views)

★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony True true, i personally tried the first Shift game. But personally i dident like it, the physics was so clunky compared too other Sim games etc like Forza Motorsport and other games from 2011, but yeah its insane that the years has flown buy so fast. I mean i was 23 then and now im 33. Anyway my point is even the NFS games from the 90s had cockpit, we even had showcase videos and detailed infos about the cars. That is something you dont see in todays NFS games.
Message 58 of 83 (2,136 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BVBgamer88even if I'm here in private - my company has some good lawyers as well and I'm not scary about big companies. If I feel that I'm right, I fight for it. I already did this against Amazon some years ago because of trademark infringements by Amazon. At the end Amazon signed the cease and desist.
It took some time and money but I'm OK with that.

BTW: I'm already over 50 years old. There is no need to tell me anything about the older NFS titles, since I know them all by my own. I think everyone here in the forum has his favourite NFS from the past. Unfortunately EA "remastered" one of my personal favourites - Hot Pursuit 2010. No Cockpit view - even in the past, but hood view aaaaaand: STEERING WHEEL SUPPORT.

So how can it be, that there is a "remastered" version of a game that lacks one of the most important features in the game? And again: A racing game. Driving cars. Cars are driven by steering wheel - not by a controller - yet.

I'm not here to discuss about if it makes sense to drive NFS by a steering wheel or not. I'm here because I want a feature back, which the orignal game had. Especially because there is NO REASON for it to leave it off.

Some cars from the past are missing. OK, licensing problems. I can understand that and live with it.
But I don't think there were licensing problems for a steering wheel support. Right? Wink

But the biggest slap in the face of a customer is ignorance. Many compliances about the steering wheel support, not just only here. It's everywhere. Take a look at Steam.

But is there any reaction? No.

1st patch - is it solved? NO.

2nd patch - is it solved? NO. But we could now put decals on the cars. Embarrassed What a quantum leap! But nobody asked for it. If it wasn't so sad it would be almost laughable.

However. It's now 5 months since the release of the game and there is still no reaction from EA regarding that problem. I think this was enough time for EA to solve it or just even unlock an already existing feature.

I'm still on holiday this week, but when I'm back in the company next week, I will talk with my lawyers.

I can be very obstinate in things like that and if there is just a little chance - I will give it a try.

And always remember: You don't have to put up with everything - most notably when you pay for it.

Message 59 of 83 (2,134 Views)

★★★ Pro
@crazyDJSIRm Ah i see then i wish you good luck man, because personally i think EA has got even more greedyer over the years. They made much better games ,when they just was a indie company. I think we both can agree that things was much better in the past, even though you are much older then me. We can agree that this greedy trend has to stop, i personally feel your pain even though im no fan av racing wheel myself
Message 60 of 83 (2,127 Views)