Game won't launch on Xbox

by Nonny0Z

Original Post

Game won't launch on Xbox

★ Novice

Have just received my new Xbox consoles (both a Series S and X) and this game will not load on either of them.

It starts from the dashboard fine but once you hit the title menu where it says "press menu to continue" any button pressed takes to straight back to the dashboard with no error message. 

Have tried on both consoles, at different resolutions etc... Have also tried deleting and reinstalling.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen an Xbox game completely fail so bad I couldn't even open it.

Message 1 of 23 (10,971 Views)

Re: Game won't launch on Xbox

★★ Novice

I have the same problem on my Series S.

Message 2 of 23 (10,925 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the posts. Are you playing with accounts that had played on the previous generation before? If so, does starting on a fresh account help?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 23 (10,922 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have an Xbox One 500gb. The game works fine on that console. Changing accounts on the Series S doesn't help. The game just doesn't work on the Series S.

Message 4 of 23 (10,915 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there an update coming to solve the problem? The game still doesn't work on the Series S.

Message 5 of 23 (10,880 Views)

★ Novice

This has now started working for me on both consoles.

Basically I just mashed the A button repeatedly as it nears the menu prompt and it suddenly worked and let me progress.

Now since logging in and playing it seems to work normally on both my Series X and Series S machines.

To anyone else experiencing this maybe try that? Hopefully it works.

What's up with this on the Series S? I've got a performance graphics mode on Series X but no such option on Series S... Playing at 30fps is like it's a different game. Very disappointing.

Surely these could be enhanced on both? Not much of a remaster outside of cross play (which may work one day).

Message 6 of 23 (10,876 Views)

Community Manager

@Nismoguy82  Did you get through by using the suggested steps?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 23 (10,839 Views)

★★ Novice

No, it didn't work for me. The game still doesn't work on my Series S.

Message 8 of 23 (10,815 Views)

★ Novice

Yup. Series X guy here having the exact same issue. It will load until your prompted to hit the "start" button and it closes me back out to the dashboard. I have tried putting the game on both my internal and external hard drive to no available fix.  

Message 9 of 23 (10,759 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Nismoguy82 This game will usually work with Xbox One even after the launch.
Message 10 of 23 (10,751 Views)