Re: Game won't launch on Xbox

by CJL1426

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem here. Would be nice if there was an update that would actually allow us to play the game. 

Message 11 of 23 (1,845 Views)

★★ Novice

Still no solution to the problem, and no updates available.

Message 12 of 23 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It kept crashing when i enabled cross play, when i chose to disable the game started.

Message 13 of 23 (1,787 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I think that doesn't help but the original problem in this thread is you can't even get past the main menu without it crashing... So you can't even turn it off.

I feel for you guys who still have the issue. I'm honestly not sure what fixed it for me, as I said further up I was mashing the A button on the main menu before the prompt appears and suddenly it just let me through into the game menus properly.

Since then it's been fine with no further issues. 

At this point I'd probably be asking for a refund if it's not working. 

Message 14 of 23 (1,779 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, exactly the same problem here with Series X.  Only just found this page so I have been through a lot of tests already trying to solve the problem.

What does not solve the problem:

Factory Reset

Uninstalling and Reinstalling game

Playing from either internal or external storage

Playing disconnected from the internet (both turning off the internet and using the go offline option)

I continue to have my old X and the game continues to load up without a problem on that console.

If you create a new profile with the X then the game will also play fine. 

It therefore seems, as others have suggested, that the problem is singularly down to the point where the game tries to access and existing profile.  New profiles work fine but where people have played on a previous Xbox and have, presumably, cloud save data, this is where the game stops and the console reverts to dashboard. 

Whilst it is playable with a new profile, this of course does not transfer save progress. I am also unsure if it could be playable with an existing profile if you were able to delete all existing save data for the game currently stored in the cloud. 

Very frustrating and such a weird error. I have not tried the mashing A trick but I will give it a go later. It does seem just an initial hang trying to download the existing data and once it gets past this stage I can believe it would work fine the next time it tries to launch. Is there any further word from the developers on anything they can do on their end to solve this issue? 

Message 15 of 23 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Smashing A isn't working for me, nothing is at this point, I give up, just another failed product from EA!!!

Message 16 of 23 (1,687 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone ever find a solution to this? 

Message 17 of 23 (1,545 Views)

Community Manager
Hi, would it be possible for you to check on what your current Xbox privacy settings?

If you have your Privacy set to custom, can you test by setting it to Adult or Teen defaults?

Thanks.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 18 of 23 (1,497 Views)

★★ Novice

Still no joy I'm afraid. I was on custom settings, changed it to adult but the same crash to dashboard still occurs when the game prompts you to press start. 

Message 19 of 23 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me, nothing works. Its so frustrating and only seems to affect series S and x. I can play it no problem on my old one x. 

Message 20 of 23 (1,164 Views)