Game "stops working" when quitting on PC

by eightsixofakina

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game "stops working" when quitting on PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The game "stops working" whenever I quit the game. I am not sure what is causing it to happen. I tried repairing the game in Origin, but it made no difference.

Message 1 of 5 (1,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game "stops working" when quitting on PC

★★ Novice
@EA_David Thank you for the response. I changed the screen mode to borderless, and it seemed to solve the problem.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,254 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That's interesting, thanks for posting. Testing here the game closes normally, so it doesn't look to be a universal issue. 

If you restart your system with a Clean Boot as a test, you can see if the issue re-occurs. If it doesn't, it looks like there may be a 3rd party program running that's a factor. Overlays are often involved when there's weirdness with a game, so you could try enabling these to see if they lead to the crash-on-close that you're describing. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

You may want to try changing which screen mode you use (fullscreen/borderless/windowed) and see if this has an impact. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,269 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David Thank you for the response. I changed the screen mode to borderless, and it seemed to solve the problem.
Message 3 of 5 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I changed the screen mode to Borderless and it did NOT solve my problem, although I can at least interact with the task manager pop-up. I've also noticed sometimes the settings will auto-default back to fullscreen.

• I installed the latest graphic driver.
  • I verified the integrity of my game files.
  • Windows 10 is fully updated to build 19041.

My specs:

• My graphics card is a: Geforce RTX 2060.
  • I do have a 2 monitor setup.
    I am using a DS4 controller with DS4Windows, but I doubt that would impact this function.
  • I got the game through Steam, but it of course launches Origin to run the game.

Message 4 of 5 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

- changed to BORDERLESS, now I can close the windows error. thanks.

- I have the exact same issue. I am on STEAM too.

Paid NFS REMASTERED 9.99$ ......best NFS game, too bad, its not perfect, I'll survive.

- RYZEN 7 5800X

- AMD RADEON RX 6800XT

- All settings on ULTRA

Message 5 of 5 (844 Views)