Game not launching on Win11

by K0Borg

Original Post

Game not launching on Win11

★★ Novice

Hi,

I could use some help with the game not launching problem: NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered. I have a freshly installed Windows 11 on a formatted drive. DxDiag.txt is attached.

I tried the following:

1. uninstalled the EA app

2. downloaded the EA app from https://www.ea.com/ea-app

3. installed the EA app, I pointed the game library location to D:\EA Games where the NFS game is installed

4. I tried to run Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, but the game did not run (after a breaf appearance of a black screen)

5. I tried to run Need for Speed Hot Heat, and the game ran successfully

6. I uninstalled the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered

7. I downloaded the above game again through the EA app

8. I tried to run Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, it did not run

9. I tried the directx fix from this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/NFS-Hot-Pursuit-Remastered/Game-crashes-at-launch-giving-error-message-the...

10. I tried to run Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, it did not run

11. I tried to run Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered from its installed folder with "run as administrator" action. It did not run

12. I (again) installed the directx and vc2015 from _installer folder within the game folder.
 D:\EA Games\Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\vc_redist.x64.exe
 D:\EA Games\Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\vc_redist.x86.exe
 D:\EA Games\Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.EXE
 D:\EA Games\Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered\__Installer\directx\redist\DXWEBSETUP.EXE

Note that the symptoms are always the same: black screen for a second than back to EA app.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (1,228 Views)

Re: Game not launching on Win11

★★ Novice

Attaching windows crash event info, just in case...

Message 2 of 4 (1,221 Views)

Community Manager

@K0Borg 

Check if clicking the Manage button and then Repair has an effect here.

If not, it may be worthwhile checking if installing on your C:\ drive changes anything, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (1,208 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestions, but they did not help. 

I have the game now installed on c drive:

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered

...but the symptoms are still the same: a short black screen after launching the game, then back to the EA app.

Message 4 of 4 (1,188 Views)