Re: Game doesn't support new (no difference) Xbox controllers on PC

by EA_David

Original Post

Game doesn't support new (no difference) Xbox controllers on PC

★★★ Newbie

Exactly as the title says. I got a new controller with my new series S and it says I need to setup my controller key binds and it says unknown to absolutely everything and the controller isn't recognized even though it has a sections for Xbox One Controllers which Windows says this is, as they are the same in the backend. Please add this support as it's arbitrary to not have it as Windows does the work for the driver as the game supports older Xbox controllers. Anyone know a workaround for now? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,571 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, I just grabbed my Xbox S controller and it worked without issue, I just plugged it in and it worked in the game without issue.

Are you connecting with a cable, or wirelessly? If you have any software that affects controllers, maybe try disabling this, and try connecting again?

Perhaps try a different USB port? I'm not sure if it could be a factor but some PC case USB ports are less advanced than motherboard USB ports, and perhaps the port you're using is a factor?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_David It works with a cable. It doesn't work wireless.
Message 3 of 7 (1,527 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issues with the new Xbox updated controllers. The old xbox version controller works great.

I have the same issue with fifa 21. Wireless mode.

Message 4 of 7 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue it works with cable not with Wireless

Message 5 of 7 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

same here. works with the cable, not wirelessly

update:

i found a workaround. just assign one of the “unknown controller” input to my right analog stick button. tht button isnt used in the game anyway. it’s got rid of the annoying message. but it’s not a fix, wdh EA?!

Message 6 of 7 (1,230 Views)

★ Novice

it works well with the cable, but not wirelessly. same goes with Fifa. what’s with EA and xbox wireless controllers on PC? this issue has been around years and it’s not fixed??

Message 7 of 7 (1,171 Views)