Game doesn't download nor am I able to add it to my collection

by Pastel_Diogo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game doesn't download nor am I able to add it to my collection

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

Currently I am subscribed to EA Play (regular, not Pro) and I've been trying to download NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered for the past day and a half. However, whenever I try to do that the "Calculating Time" message lasts a bit longer than it usually should, and afterwards a message pops-up saying "There's a problem with your download" and "Something went wrong during your download. Give us a few minutes, then try again." Repeating the download leads to the same error.

I have tried to troubleshoot in all possible manners, i.e. doing a clean boot, reinstalling the EA app, going to Help > App Recovery, stopping EA Background Service and rebooting the app, logging in and out of my account, and nothing seems to work. The App is currenly in the latest version.

I should mention that the game is being installed on the same HDD that the app is also on.

This is also the only game, at least so far, that seems to have this issue. When downloading NFS Heat, NFS (2015) or even NFS Most Wanted (2012), as well as other non NFS-related games like FIFA 23 or Madden 23, they all download correctly and show no errors whatsoever.

Also whenever I try to add the game to my collection (as I have done with other games with no issue) it seems to be loading with those quirky/funny messages in the pop-up, but it doesn't show up at all.

Any support that I can get? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (1,448 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game doesn't download nor am I able to add it to my collection

Community Manager

Hey @Pastel_Diogo Thanks for the update, I'm glad you found a workaround. If this is an issue with the EA App, would it be possible to get a Bug Report filled out so we can pass this information to the team? Be sure to include a DxDiag.  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,321 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Pastel_Diogo To check do you have more room left on the HDD than is needed for the game? also to check to you have any anti-virus software running that may be interfering with NFS HPR?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

I have far more than enough room to download and install the game, I have installed bigger games than HPR since I created this thread. 

And the Anti-Virus likely wasn't an issue as I was able to finally download Hot Pursuit Remastered, however it was through Origin, by searching for a setup file, installing it and playing through there.

Just like how I couldn't even start Burnout Paradise Remastered after successfully downloading it, but I was able to on Origin. Both kind of issues that, while looking for a fix, seem like a lot of people have complained previously.

It seems like this was a very serious issue from the EA App itself.

Hopefully this still isn't around when Origin's services go for good.

Message 3 of 7 (1,327 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Pastel_Diogo Thanks for the update, I'm glad you found a workaround. If this is an issue with the EA App, would it be possible to get a Bug Report filled out so we can pass this information to the team? Be sure to include a DxDiag.  

Illium.png

Message 4 of 7 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you find a fix? i can't load the game either

Message 5 of 7 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a similar issue and documented it. This is what I did

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/quot-There-s-a-problem-with-your-download-quo...

Bug
:

I was unable to download Battlefield 1 on my EA account due to a persistent "There's a problem with your download" error. I have an EA Play membership and it includes Battlefield 1. The issue was not present when another account is logged into the EA App. This issue occurs with any computer I logged into with my account.

Solution:

1. Fully cancel EA Play membership subscription and either:

• Wait until your remaining membership expires

Or

• Remove EA Play membership access before paid through date (An EA Help representative action is the only way I know how)

Note: Optimally one would receive a refund for the month they would be cancelling, but it may prove difficult.
  1. Confirm the absence of an EA Play membership by clearing cache and/or logging out then logging back into the EA App.

Note: If removing EA Play access before paid through date, wait until you have confirmed its absence before disconnecting with the EA Help representative 

2. Purchase EA Play membership subscription and restart EA App.

Note: At the time of this post the first month of a new EA Play membership subscription is $0.99.

3. Download game and play as normal.
Message 6 of 7 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey there!

I understand the frustration you're experiencing with downloading NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered. It sounds like you've encountered a persistent issue, and I can imagine how that might be a bit frustrating.

Firstly, have you checked your internet connection to ensure it's stable? Sometimes, a fluctuating or weak connection can cause download problems. It might be worth restarting your router or trying a different network if possible.

If the issue persists, let's try a few troubleshooting steps. Clearing your console's cache or restarting the system might help. Additionally, make sure your EA Play subscription is active and that there are no issues with your account.

Now, relating to your mention of minecraft 1.20.50.21 download,it seems like you might be encountering a similar issue with a different game. If you're facing problems with downloading Minecraft version 1.20.50.21, the troubleshooting steps could be somewhat similar. Ensure a stable internet connection, restart your device, and check for any updates or server issues related to Minecraft.

If these suggestions don't resolve the problem, reaching out to EA Support or the Minecraft support team could be your best bet. They can provide more personalized assistance and investigate any potential account or server issues.

Hang in there! I hope you get to enjoy your games without any hiccups soon. If you have any more details or questions, feel free to share, and we'll do our best to help!

Message 7 of 7 (288 Views)