Re: EA, please fix the laggy steering

by Mike885

Original Post

EA, please fix the laggy steering

★★★ Newbie

EA, please fix the laggy steering.

Hello, I have a suggestion for fixing the steering in this game, on all versions (console and PC).

The problem is that when steering in the game, the steering input lags, because the game animates the steering wheel inside the cockpit with a predetermined speed. So the control is not in real time 1 : 1.

Could you add joypad, keyboard and steering wheel calibration to the options menu, with options for deadzone, sensitivity, linearity, steering degrees etc.....

Please if it is possible, that EA community manager sends this request to the team that makes the patches for this game, if it is possible ?

It would transform the game to be better. Steering is a critical part of a racing game to do correctly.

Thank you for reading this and please send it to the patch team.

Message 1 of 7 (3,264 Views)

Community Manager

@Mike885 

Something to check for if you are using a TV as your display:

Make sure your TV is in "Game Mode" as not being in that mode can cause significant perceived input delay.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the reply.

I know about the game mode setting on the tv display. I am using a PC monitor. Im sure its not the cause.

The lag is a part of the way the game was made.

If one of you community managers have the ability to send this request to the people in charge at EA of fixing the game, I would be thankfull and the NFS gaming community would also.

Can you please reply if this is possible to do ?

The solution would be to make the steering wheel animation in the game be in real time with the joypad stick control, currently the wheel in the game always steers with the same speed, regardless of the speed the player turns the stick on the controller. That is why to the player this looks like laggy steering and the game is not precise to steer, it feels like driving under the influence or something simmilar.

I think the software team at the game developer will understand the problem, and fix it with a software patch.

Thank you for all the work you do, to you the community managers and also to the development team.

Could I also ask what is the best way to send patch suggestions to the development team, from a gamer ? (what method has the most probability that they will read it and fix it ? )

I am aware that in most cases, videogames get patches for a few months after release, then it stops being patched. (It depends on the publisher and their way of supporting a game after release ).

Thank you for the answers.

Message 3 of 7 (3,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Mike885 I support you on this too.
The game is almost unplayable, I played a couple of NFS games across the years and this time in the NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered, the car is simply uncontrollable. A simple press of the steering buttons sends the car into the sides and if you manage to avoid that, it takes seconds before you are able to put it back into a straight line.
Last year I finished The Run (had it for several years but never really plaied it), that 2013 version was a lot more realistic, allowing you to go out of the track into the sides and the steering in it was working very well.
Perhaps an option to set the steering sensitivity could fix this easily. From my real-life driving experience (for sure not at this speeds) - the way it works at this time in the game is simply un-natural.
Message 4 of 7 (3,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My apologies, but the tv isn't the problem, since so many games I play do not have this issue - including other NFS games. Within the 3rd mission of me playing NFS Hot Pursuit "remastered" on my ps4 I noticed it enough to google it to see if it's fixable. Fix the issue instead* of giving pointless "solutions", thanks EA.

This is a fundamental problem that ruins the experience and EA doesn't care because they already got my money. Great.

Message 5 of 7 (2,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

really, that's your advice? this has absolutely nothing to do with the input lag. im using multiple monitors, and yes they are both set into game mode, and it makes absolutely no difference. game mode is just  a collor/saturation/contrast/tint/brightness preset, it has nothing to do with the synchronization of input to action. your really talking to PC GAMERS like they don't know better. we are nerds. we know tech. your game is broken, instead of making excuses just fix it, stop ripping people off with broken software.

Message 6 of 7 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I am a bit late with the answer but let me do the help which EA did not. I discovered that If you switch your screen resolution setting to 1680X1050 it fixes the input lag problem. You can switch back to 1920X1080 when you do this and apply. But you have to do this process every time you open the game. If someone doesn't know how to change this setting; go to the settings then display settings and there is the Screen Resolution setting. I hope I helped someone and provided a fix for this crappy, gaming company.

Message 7 of 7 (921 Views)