Re: Disappointed

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Disappointed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Do they purposely make the cars in these games HANDLE LIKE EMPTY POTS ON WHEELS?

I mean, I don't switch my brains off when it comes to car games. Handling physics, mass, torque etc. These must always be first in car games. In case we end up buying a cellphone game in a price of an actual game

Questions need to be asked. Even if its an arcade game. Some of us like to see work being put into on what we buy

Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)

Re: Disappointed

★★★★ Guide

@Theeprox

I do absolutely agree with you, and unfortunately, handling just seems to have been a slippery slope for NFS across the past decade or so. These characteristics you describe are those of "Brake2Drift" handling and attributable to the physics of the game engine used, in the case of HP that would be "Chameleon" I believe, whereas GHOST used the "Frostbite" engine.

I've never really liked the handling of HP that much, but you have to get used to it unfortunately. I appreciate that it can be frustrating when you want the car to respond to input and it simply won't, or you understeer into a spike strip etc but it simply isn't going to change. I prefer a typical "grip" handling model myself, and whilst NFS is an arcade game to some extent, the symptoms of B2D you've described start to get a bit rediculous with more recent releases.

Something to hope for that will be done right in the next NFS installment, eh? Who knows what NFS 2021 will have in store for us...

Message 2 of 2 (267 Views)