Crossplay DOESN'T work!

by RawXtv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crossplay DOESN'T work!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've really been looking forward to this especially since it stated it was going to be cross-platform, but shortly after my friend and I started the game, we realized that this is not working yet.

We're getting a "Incompatible version" error when he tries to join me or I try to join him.

I am on PC, he is on Xbox.

We both have Crossplay enabled.

Please push out a fix for this asap, thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (2,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crossplay DOESN'T work!

Community Manager

@RawXtv Hi, currently cross-play isn't working on Xbox, this is being tracked and a fix is coming. 

We'll post any updates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/NFS-Hot-Pursuit-Remastered/A-notification-for-Xbox-One-users/td-p/9696326

Crossplay should be working fine from PC though, if you want to try with any PS4 friends. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,573 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

There is a sticky post from EA acknowledging that crossplay is not currently working on Xbox and they are looking onto a fix. Shame as I wanted to play with my xbox buddy tomorrow too.

Message 2 of 6 (2,574 Views)

Community Manager

@RawXtv Hi, currently cross-play isn't working on Xbox, this is being tracked and a fix is coming. 

We'll post any updates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/NFS-Hot-Pursuit-Remastered/A-notification-for-Xbox-One-users/td-p/9696326

Crossplay should be working fine from PC though, if you want to try with any PS4 friends. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (2,574 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the response.

I think my Xbox friends would be upset if I went out and found new PS friends and ditched them because of a game Standard smile 

Message 4 of 6 (2,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@RawXtv Heh, fair point. Hopefully you've got it already, but if not, be sure to update your game, a patch rolled out recently to enable cross-play.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 6 (2,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi has this been fixed? Have 6/11/2020  update but still can't enable crossplay. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,705 Views)