Re: Cross play and other problems on Switch platform

by Azusa-Yuuki

Original Post

Cross play and other problems on Switch platform

★★ Apprentice

Hi Community Managers/ EA official,

please forward these issues to the Criterion / StellarEntertainment team:

-The frame rate on Cross play is unstable that is under 25 fps within maximum of 8 players.

-The frame rate on career is unstable when the car carsh sences occured or when lots of cars coming at once.

-Some audio intro from short intro movie clips and cop's weapons intro clips are missing compare with PC version.

-Traditional Chinese and Japanese subtitbles are too small on handle mode and TV mode.

Please, @EA_David, forward these problems to the Criterion / StellarEntertainment developers.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to the reply.

Message 1 of 8 (710 Views)

★★ Novice
@Azusa-Yuuki same. it's annoying when there's a big crash happening in front of you then frame rate drops to 15-20. it's hard to steer away. i think it's better for them to lower graphics quality a bit (shadow and reflection resolution). i prefer stable 30fps over quality
Message 2 of 8 (665 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ianyanian Yep, u'r right. The thing that I hope EA and Stellar team to consider is to add graphics quality options in the future update, or improving the frame rate performance if it is possible.
Message 3 of 8 (653 Views)

Hot Pursuit Remastered on Switch issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm playing the game in docked mode on the latest firmware and game update

Here are some Issues there are with this port:

- Photomode is useless, because they completely blocked the option to take screenshots or video captures (restarting my game fixed this)

- Framerate is not good, the Switch is stronger than the 360 and PS3, so im very sure this game could run better, in singleplayer it seems to run at a stable 30 FPS, with very very rare dips, however, from what I've read online, during 8 Player matches with crossplay, the FPS starts to dip hard (can't prove this myself as I don't have NSO)

- After unpausing the game, there's a brief period (about a second) where the game continues, but doesnt accept any inputs, this can often lead to you crashing into corners, losing speed etc.

- I'm not sure about this one, but i believe the audio is getting quite choppy in some places, (need to play with headphones so i can check if this is true or not)

- Some UI elements look terribly low resolution

I hope some of these issues can be resolved, Hot Pursuit 2010 is great but this port begs to differ

Message 4 of 8 (675 Views)

Re: Hot Pursuit Remastered on Switch issues

★★★★ Novice

I found out that in some races/specific places on the map, the period where you don't have any control over your car is a lot longer, even up to 3-5 seconds

Message 5 of 8 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this sounds awful. I bought this port for my friend I guess I should've known it was too good to be true. He can't even add me on EA friends because I'm on PC. will probably refund unless there's some fix.

Message 6 of 8 (647 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ajcitg2 well i believe that they can potentially fix this
about adding your friend, are you sure you both have enabled crossplay?
Message 7 of 8 (642 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@braunschweig55 I got the same issues as you described. Hope EA and their team could try to double check and fix in the future update.
Message 8 of 8 (629 Views)