Re: how to play offline

by rhapsodyv

Original Post

how to play offline

★★★ Newbie

Just looking for a confirmation that if i select GO OFFLINE in Origin menu, I can still play games from my library without an internet connection.

Specifically, NFS HEAT which loads fine when connected to internet and I only want to play SOLO anyway while i get used to game. Obviously, I want to maintain any cash, progress, new cars I obtain during offline period once I play with an online connection again.

As I will be house sitting with no internet connection I would like to play to pass the time without hotspotting my mobile data.

If anyone could please confirm or explain anything else I need to do, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Riz

Message 1 of 5 (10,846 Views)

Community Manager

@rizzleb 

Some games can be played completely offline, NFS Heat is unfortunately not one of those. 

INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com), PRIVACY AND COOKIE POLICY (privacy.ea.com) AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (ea.com/legal); INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) AND REGISTRATION WITH SINGLE-USE PRODUCT CODE REQUIRED TO PLAY.

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (10,819 Views)

★ Novice

An internet connection for activation is fine but does it always need to be online after?

Message 3 of 5 (10,709 Views)

★★ Novice

This is one of the reasons why people get cracked versions of games, because of bullsh*t like this. The requirement for an internet connection to play a game you pay for and not being able to play offline is f*cking ridiculous. Get rid of that sh*t.

Message 4 of 5 (9,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When you were still using Origin, it can be played offline, but with the new EA app, it is no longer there as an option to play offline.

You can see YT uploads that there is the option to play offline.  Best to have the new EA app provide this option as what Origin had before you decided to change from Origin to EA app.  

Message 5 of 5 (6,572 Views)