Re: can you change the microphone in need for speed heat?

by brandon2009731

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can you change the microphone in need for speed heat?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, i have a problem with the game. I'm useing a wireless headset (skullcandy crusher) and when i enter the online gameplay, the game automaticly selects the microphone from my headset. Since its not a wireless gaming headset i can't use the microphone and the headphones at the same time, because it switches on the hands free mode, and its sonds awfull, or i can't hear nothing if I select the headset from the windows settings. I can't find anywhere in the settings to switch the microphone, since i have an external one and i literally can't use it. i can't use even my laptop microphone. so, do you know if its possible to change the microphone, like maybe from the game files? 

Message 1 of 5 (4,795 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

NVM i fixed the problem myself. So, if you are useing a wireless headset that's NOT FOR GAMING, all you have to do is just to go to control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> and disable the headset that has in description Hands-Free AG audio and the microphone (playback tab) that also says Hands-Free AG audio. If you don't know what's going on, since ea removed the voice chat settings from origin, you can't select which microphone you want to use, so the game selects automaticly the one from you headphones, which in this case it works only if you are in the hands-free mode. the whole headset switchs to that mode, and the windows is transmitting all the sound to the headphones, which are not recieving it. By disableing the hands free mode from control panel, it will be unable to do that, and will select another microphone that you have available.

Here is a video I made about this on how to fix: https://youtu.be/dmw7lEX0dM0

And if someone from EA sees this, consider implementing in the next games a setting that allows you to select what headphones and what microphone you want to use, as all the games from different companies have this options.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,779 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

NVM i fixed the problem myself. So, if you are useing a wireless headset that's NOT FOR GAMING, all you have to do is just to go to control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> and disable the headset that has in description Hands-Free AG audio and the microphone (playback tab) that also says Hands-Free AG audio. If you don't know what's going on, since ea removed the voice chat settings from origin, you can't select which microphone you want to use, so the game selects automaticly the one from you headphones, which in this case it works only if you are in the hands-free mode. the whole headset switchs to that mode, and the windows is transmitting all the sound to the headphones, which are not recieving it. By disableing the hands free mode from control panel, it will be unable to do that, and will select another microphone that you have available.

Here is a video I made about this on how to fix: https://youtu.be/dmw7lEX0dM0

And if someone from EA sees this, consider implementing in the next games a setting that allows you to select what headphones and what microphone you want to use, as all the games from different companies have this options.

Message 2 of 5 (4,780 Views)

EA DICE Team
@BGSandrei Thanks for sharing!

/Atic
Message 3 of 5 (4,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to do this, but the game audio still cuts out as soon as i try to play online. Im using a Bose QCII wireless headset. 

Message 4 of 5 (4,657 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@BGSandrei I've definitely seen this somewhere else too, but really hope that future games can have an option since wireless/Bluetooth headphones are a lot more common now and the "handsfree AG mode" is always designed for phone calls/zoom calls or wtv and the audio listening experience is much much worse.
Message 5 of 5 (3,710 Views)