Re: What a crap game

by BLVD69

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69 

Ima bout to buy those games on PS1 and PS2 haha (I already have Carbon and MW 2005, but don't play them). 

Yep it's sad to say, but I'm finding the older racing games to be a lot more appealing these days, with TDU2 being the exception and my main go to racing game.

Message 21 of 26 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ZeroMcDol wrote:
Personally, I found myself having to restart a race far more often in UG1 vs UG2 for hard difficulty.

You can also detune your cars and make them have stock performance as an alternative way to win races.

The opponent AI cars typically will have the same performance parts as you. If your car is fully maxed out, their cars will be too. If your car is stock, their cars will be too.

ZeroMcDol wrote:
Plus for me, even on the easiest difficulty in UG1 I ended up doing many restarts due to Rubber-Banding, traffic or a combination of both vs UG2 which was a cake walk at easy or medium, minus maybe drag races.

Since different rewards are given depending on difficulty in NFS Underground 1, I played everything on Hard difficulty when I was little and won everything when the AIs slow down whenever I fall too far behind. lol

I played NFS Underground 2 on Easy when I was little as the rewards don't change with difficulty. And I'm relieved I did play it at Easy difficulty. The game would've left a sour taste in my mouth with frustration if I played Hard difficulty back then. XD

Now that I am older, I play NFS Underground 2 on Hard difficulty and the AIs run like they are on steroids.

Even if they had a big wreck, they will come back like a pack of wolves hunting you down! lol

ZeroMcDol wrote:
That's also interesting about the reverse rubber-banding, I saw a video on YouTube about it regarding NFS Carbon, was amusing to watch at the very least. 

I never tested out sandbagging any races in NFS Carbon like I tested in NFS Underground 1. Mainly because I played games a lot better upon NFS Carbon's release. lol

But I did notice rubberbanding was present in the game when I did Speedtrap races (with opponents scoring a higher speed when behind me) and Canyon Duels (with Bosses driving more aggressively / slowly depending on how close / far you are from them).

ZeroMcDol wrote:
Of course, I still play UG 2 in 2019, thanks to the PC port.

I would be playing NFS Underground 2 as well right now, but there are still so many games I want to play beforehand. lol

I am currently playing Code Vein (not a racing game but an anime Dark Souls game). A game I played before NFS Heat's release and abandoned on Heat's release.

With NFS Heat completed 100% weeks ago, I'm back to playing it. lol

ZeroMcDol wrote:

Yep it's sad to say, but I'm finding the older racing games to be a lot more appealing these days

It's the same for me as well (along with having lower expectations with older racing games playing a factor for me).

It's not really a bad thing to find older racing games more appealing. It's simply because newer racing games have been garbage so far.

The older racing games have a lot more "charm" to them, like the devs poured their souls into them. Not to mention these can be played offline with no microtransactions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 26 (977 Views)

★★ Pro
@BestNoob Yo, NFS Heat is a new game and is supposed to have high quality graphics. If the graphics is like Most Wanted and Underground, others would think that Heat is never changed.
Message 23 of 26 (844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game has the most elementary thing done wrong, the controls. If you can't interact with the game properly the game is bad, period.

Come on, no remapping controls in 2021?! What an amateur error.

Message 24 of 26 (715 Views)

★★ Guide

You guys only fear the fact to face the truth about your wasted money.

Message 25 of 26 (656 Views)

★★ Expert

@BestNoob 

The rubberbanding in NFs 2005 made it so predictable for the wins in that game.

Looks like you had fun in the race in that video.

Cheers to the old days of NFS. 

Have a Great day.

Message 26 of 26 (630 Views)