Unable to Launch Steam Version of NFS Heat

by FireStingray

Original Post

Re: Unable to Launch Steam Version of NFS Heat

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Steam version / Game time 97.2 hours

I have found the fix on this problem. I know I am late but I hope whoever read this may found this helpful.

Procedure

Go to Control panel >Program (uninstall a program)

then find EA app, hit right click then click uninstall... But wait, don't literally click uninstall. It'll ask you to uninstall or repair. Hit repair and let it fix on its own.

After the repair is finished, try running it on Steam. That should do the fix.

> reinstalling game (did not work)

> verify integrity of game files (did not work)

> reinstall EA app. (did not work)

> clearing cache (did not work)

My specs is Potato.

AMD A8-7600

8gb Ram

Integrated Graphics

Message 31 of 36 (1,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Saludos

Tambien tuve, por un tiempo, problemas para iniciar con el juego, tengo instalado Need for Speed Heat desde Steam, lo jugué por un tiempo y al instalar otro juego Titanfall 2 me instaló EA App que actualizó Origin, pero por alguna razón no respondía Titanfall, revisando tutoriales era cosa de reinstalar los últimos ejecutables de C++ 2013 x86 y x64 y al hacerlo se ejecutó sin problemas Titanfall 2 pero ahora ya no ejecutaba NFS Heat, hice y deshice para volver a ejecutarlo de nuevo y para no hacerles el cuento largo, aquí lo que me funcionó a mi:

• Reinstale origin desde su página oficial (https://origin.onl/download/), al descargarlo solo hay que ejecutarlo, seguir las indicaciones de instalación y al terminar solo hay que abrir steam, ejecutar el juego dando clic en "jugar" y lo vincula nuevamente a origin, nos indica que se tiene que actualizar a EA app, seguimos los pasos de la actualización y listo, se inicia con tu cuenta EA y arranca el juego nuevamente.
Message 32 of 36 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is another problem, I was talking about this in another article.
 Please check it out.

EA Launcher doesn't launch games. 

If the link does not work for somereason.:

Spoiler
In my case the problem was with locating the game folder.
When I checked where I downloaded the game on Steam it was on D: Drive. But EA app located it into C: Drive.
 So what could we do? Some one said that you can use Regedit and change the installed folder address. But I couldn't.
What I was able to do is, I realized that I havn't even signed in to EA app, before I begin to download my games. (BF1&ME:A)
 So I reinstalled the games through STEAM, but while having EA app running in the background and when it finished I launched the games for testing and they worked like a charm.
No errors with connection, no nothing.. It just worked.

1,Try to use Regedit
Last resort:
 2,Reinstall while EA app is running.

Have a nice day. "
Message 33 of 36 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem, i tried everything and didn't work. But i found a solution:

Unlink and link again my Steam Account To EA Account solved the problem,

Message 34 of 36 (765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1) Regedit (open as administrator)
2) Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Need for Speed Heat
3) Edit the key "Install Dir" to the current installation path of the game
4) Profit

Message 35 of 36 (649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

number 3 and  4 i dont understand

Message 36 of 36 (457 Views)