Re: Unable to Launch Steam Version of NFS Heat

by Gorzius

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_DarkoActually your solution from post #6 gave me the idea to try this, so thank you for that.

Also, I've just reinstalled the game to try your solution in that post: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin client works too as long as I let Steam install Origin. Don't know why #7 and #8 said it doesn't work, but it's been almost half a year since then, so something might've changed since then with the Steam or the Origin client.

Message 11 of 36 (5,031 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is working for you @Gorzius.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 12 of 36 (5,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue and I've tried unistalling and reinstalling origin. It keeps asking for a product key

Message 13 of 36 (4,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Having the same problem, weird thing is during the Steam sale the game had no problems starting up and running at all but now that the sale is over it's completely refusing to run at all, almost as if it would immediately close itself for no reason when I'm trying to play the game.

And yes I already trying verifying the game before attempting to boot it up again, only no progress has been made whatsoever.

If it matters at all I had a similar issue way back when Burnout Paradise Remastered was only available on Origin, the game wouldn't launch until I installed the beta version of Origin which doesn't make sense.

8:09 AM: I cannot believe the solution is just enabling the beta/technical preview version of Origin (again).
To make a long story very short for this solution, if you come across a game from EA that refuses to run including your own Steam copy, what you may need to do is open Origin > Application Settings > Client update, and then enable "Participate in Origin technical previews" to get your games working normally again, however this may or may not end up solving your own problem to which if it does not it may be related to something else going on with your system.

I hope this works for anyone else who's been wanting to play their game/s again because I've been wanting to re-create the blue Testarossa from Crusin USA into NFS Heat.

Message 14 of 36 (4,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Goivannii I've tried about everything I can possibly think of to fix this problem. If I click on steam to start NFS heat or even origin, the application will not open. When I open from steam it loads origin but then closes it completely. As opposed to opening on origin to where it acts as if it will open but the origin window closes and then it refreshes itself back to the main screen of origin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 15 of 36 (4,724 Views)

★ Apprentice
@iLarzy Not much I can do from here unfortunately, as my game also started not launching unless I opted out of the beta version of Origin which doesn't make sense, at this point if rebooting the computer doesn't work then either running the default or beta version of Origin should get the game to launch, I don't know why this is the case but I'm happy to be able to play the game when I can.
Message 16 of 36 (4,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko
We've all done all those things - your platform is GARBAGE and you are the patsy stuck out there to absorb the complaints while your crap developers do NOTHING. I am refunding my Steam versions and I am 100% through with your garbage company. You grifters have seen the last of my money.

Message 17 of 36 (4,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm subscribed to EA Play on steam but when I start NFS Heat, origin tells me i have to buy it and so my game doesn't start. Even though I'm paying for EA Play.

I figured out a way to play the game, by uninstalling origin and having it installed again by steam when i start NFS Heat. Really a hassle... (reinstalling origin via steam every time I want to play)

Message 18 of 36 (4,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am aware this is an old thread, however, for those who still haven't found a solution to their problem:

I was experiencing an issue where it was showing the game as installed but wouldn't launch even after reinstalling Origin, the game, or rebooting the PC. It would occasionally work, but not always. For those still searching for an answer, I suggest you find the installed EXE file in the windows explorer, going to Properties, then Compatibility and hitting the checkbox that says Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.

This is what fixed my issue and hopefully, a gamer out there finds this and is able to play their game using this method.

Message 19 of 36 (4,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After all this time it still does not work. EA have a problem with control. The problem is you can not release a game on a platform that launches games for itself just to get the game to get people to download origin. It's selfish as can be. It should be a credit for every week go by with this same issue. EA is going to have to grow up and make up their mind on letting a separate platform bring them sells or depend on the failing origin which only live because of Sims. 

Message 20 of 36 (4,329 Views)