Re: Need for Speed Heat Performance/ Optimisation Issues

by Pair_Demons

Original Post

Need for Speed Heat Performance/ Optimisation Issues

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, I know that Need For Speed has optimisation issues at the development level, so performance is not consistent across PCs but I have tried every suggested fix that I could find and I am not able to get a decent framerate going.

I'm running the game on an ASUS TUF F15 Dash with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz with 16GB RAM and an RTX 3070. The game averages around 50% usage for CPU and RAM and 80% usage for GPU on Ultra settings but I'm only getting between 40 - 50 frames per second.

Does anyone know of any reliable fixes for this setup or am I stuck with bad optimisation? Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Message 1 of 3 (825 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on an i7 7700k with a 3070 RTX. Geforce Experience suggest setting everything on ultra, but it doesn't even run properly on medium. I run the game at 1440p. Normally, if I have these problems, I'll just set it to 1080p instead and max everything out and then just settle for that. But there was no change. The game only runs at about 80-90 fps, lower when lots of stuff is happening. Other games, like Destiny 2, run well in 1440p and everything maxed out. This must be an optimization problem in the game.

Message 2 of 3 (549 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi!

Create a text file in your game dir. containing these lines: 

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8 

Rename the text file as "user.cfg"

Depending on your CPU cores and threads you need to set the correct parameters. (From my understanding the i7-11370H has 4 cores and 8 threads so you should the lines as I write them).

Message 3 of 3 (500 Views)