Need for Speed Heat - June Update - Update Notes

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Heat - June Update - Update Notes

★ Novice

It's pathetic seeing a franchise of our childhood memories went into an endless downward spiral. Heat is an OK game, but it's still terrible comparing to Underground 2 and even some other indie games released recently.

After being stupid enough to believe Ghost would finally create something good for once (and I've been stupid 3 times in a row,) I'm done with Need for Speed - this title is dead since Rivals came out, and I should've known that.

Consider my purchase as a compensate for the fact I've never bought any pre-2008 NFS games.

Message 151 of 156 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Pro
@LethalAddiction Personally i think NFS has been awfull since early 2000, because that was the start of the greedy,era when EA was all about money. When EA was indie studio they actually made games with passion, and its actually says it all that BB wanted too keep both ricer and cannonball. But EA decided too keep ricer since it gave them most profit, so yeah NFS is dead in water for me too.
Message 152 of 156 (1,153 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 TBH back in 2002 EA had chance to buy Criterion(which was bought after their parent company Acclaim fell apart in 2004) However back then Criterion was tasked to make a Skate or Die reboot and try to make a new NFS(Which would be NFS2004 since 2003 was done by BB as UG1)However their new NFS(a stunt driving game close to Burnout Paraidse Big Surf Island) project was shut down by BB.Criterion was told to drop the project NFS or be sued by BB until they gone broke.So the first collaboration collapsed.BB became the definitive NFS team after EA Canada turned to Sports games like FIFA/UFC.BB originally had plan to switch between HP and UG to please both faction,however EA chose to continue UG trend which led to UG2 that replaced HP3 in 2004.BB then changed the delayed HP3 project to a game with story and character,so we got MW2005.Carbon on the other hand was set to be UG3 but changed to a direct continuation to MW2005.Criterion tried to bring back 90s NFS by taking 100% control in HP2010 project which led to harder push in following MW2 project which failed so hard the direction sequel to HP2010 was unfinished as Rivals.If Criterion was still the Criterion from pre-2013 era.Maybe we can see what BB meant to do in the beginning-switch between HP and UG(MW)However since there is ex-Bizarre dev in current CM(which is under EA control) we may see another brand new 90s style NFS from CM close to Driveclub or PGR.
Message 153 of 156 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THE GAME IS BOOOORING,WASTE OF TIME ,DO SOMETHING OR THE GAME WILL BE HISTORY. THAT MEANS I WILL NOT BUYING THE NEW NFS.NFS HEAT STUDIO THAT IS POOOR , NOTHING SPECIAL .LOOK THE OTHER GAMES AND INSPIRATE , OTHERS IS UPDATING ALL THE TIME AND PLAYERS ARE STILL PLAYING. 

Message 154 of 156 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

realy the best eh maby i should try it, nice seein u around

Message 155 of 156 (865 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David I remember playing most wanted back in the day and spent hours playing it as child. In heat we are missing content the game is awesome with all the development over the years but completing the main story in a few hours gameplay with the giveaway car not even close to it’s max potential is discouraging to play any further in short terms we need more story missions and races in general which acquires faster cars that you unlock at a later point.
Message 156 of 156 (811 Views)