Need For Speed: Heat DirectX Error.

by regelebrotac

Original Post

Re: Why do i keep getting the error message direct x error ?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

this is the one i have https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-GAMING-8G.html

So is this the only solution until ea fixes it . I also noticed a bit of lag

Message 11 of 33 (4,475 Views)

Re: Need For Speed: Heat DirectX Error.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

happening with me too RTX 2070, happened earlier, just played 5 hours of rdr2, tried nfs heat again same issue cant get past character select definitely isn't a bad video card on my end.

Edit::

Ok here's what happened with me, it would lag on the pre rendered cut scenes then crash with the DX error.  I turned on resolution scaling and set it to 80% (native 2160p) and magically it allowed the cut scenes to run smooth and no crash, got past select screen chose my car and hit the road and then bumped backup the scalaing to 100%.  Locked 60fps with v-sync running smooth in game. Lets see what happens when i hit the cut scenes again.

Message 12 of 33 (4,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

mines a reference card direct from Nvidia same issues

Edit::

Ok here's what happened with me, it would lag on the pre rendered cut scenes then crash with the DX error.  I turned on resolution scaling and set it to 80% (native 2160p) and magically it allowed the cut scenes to run smooth and no crash, got past select screen chose my car and hit the road and then bumped backup the scalaing to 100%.  Locked 60fps with v-sync running smooth in game. Lets see what happens when i hit the cut scenes again.

Message 13 of 33 (4,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact same issue.  I am playing on a LG OLED with dolby vision.  I turned of HDR on the TV and that seemed to work.  As soon as I turn HDR on the TV, it crashes just as you describe.

Message 14 of 33 (4,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also updated to the studio driver.  No cigar.

Message 15 of 33 (4,358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same here, i have try everything that is possible.

i have uninstall the game because i cant play it.

keep crashing

Message 16 of 33 (4,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump

Message 17 of 33 (4,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My friend has an AMD graphics card, what should he do?

Message 18 of 33 (3,569 Views)

★★★ Novice
@KuchenBear ive got my 2070 super OC'd by about 130 mhz and Heat crashes almost non stop for me. >Frown
Message 19 of 33 (3,475 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this same issue although a very different setup.  This is the only game I have this issue with btw. 

AMD ryzin 5 3600x

Asus x570

32 gb ram

AMD 5700xt reference card (NO OC)

1100 evga psu

Samsung ssd 

I only recently started playing due to the recently added wheel integration (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!)

This error is pretty hit or miss for me.  I usually get it once or twice the first time I try to play.  Then sometimes i can play and stream for hours...other times it wont start up at all.  I first had it with previous adrenaline software but updated and problem persisted.  I run in windowed mode.  I do have 3 monitors installed but am not trying to run the game on 3 screens.  

I do play iracing a lot...that's my main streaming title and I've never had any directx errors.  In fact I go immediately after getting this error and run 20 laps at laguna seca with zero issues on triple monitors (which my setup is clearly powerful enough for)

I dont even get this error on bf5..which I have many hundreds of hours into..or Apex which are both frostbite games. 

The only constant seems to be the crash will happen fairly shortly after initial startup..as in around the time it loads into the garage after selecting online or offline play.  (Online and offline make no difference either)

I've tried with the streaming software (streamlabs obs) running but not streaming.  Not running at all.  No streaming at all.  Starting it up after game startup.  It doesnt make a difference.  I either get the error right away or not at all.

Thank you

Message 20 of 33 (3,433 Views)