NFS Heat: Low FPS with High-end PC

by PowerXTC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Heat: Low FPS with High-end PC

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA and dear Community,

I started to play Need for Speed Heat on PC.

My PC specs:

- Intel i7 8700k

- Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

- 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz

- Samsung Evo 970 SSD Drive

I am playing on a 144Hz WQHD resolution monitor with G-sync enabled.

But I really have issues with kinda low framerates around 60 fps. Also the CPU load is like 85% and it feels like that the almost fully loaded cpu is bottlenecking the gpu.

In games like BF5 or Star Wars BF2 are the framerates stable high like 120fps average.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

And yes the Win 10 OS and Nvidia drivers are up to date. I also tried a custom  user.cfg and some Nvidia control panel settings but without success.

Message 1 of 6 (12,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Heat: Low FPS with High-end PC

★★ Novice
@PowerXTC Check if you have Acronis True Image on your PC. If so go under Active Protection and whitelist NFS Heat and turn off protection again.

Otherwise go to Nvidia control panel and manual set your max fps to 144 and allow maximum performance.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (12,741 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@PowerXTC Check if you have Acronis True Image on your PC. If so go under Active Protection and whitelist NFS Heat and turn off protection again.

Otherwise go to Nvidia control panel and manual set your max fps to 144 and allow maximum performance.
Message 2 of 6 (12,742 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

FateLostHope, you're awesome! I've tried many possible solutions, but none seemed to work and I was close to uninstalling. Lucky there are other NFS Heat players with Acronis, because I would likely not have been able to figure this out by myself, thanks for the solution!

Message 3 of 6 (12,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have acronis application but i have the same issue and i can't fix it what should i do ?

Message 4 of 6 (8,800 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am running a i7-12700k, RTX 4090fe, everything is maxed to ultra, 809fps. i dont use vsync, and the cpu is making the fanms ramp up to the point my pc is going to take off. Lets hope Unbound is better optimised

Message 5 of 6 (6,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on a 4090, too. CPU is a Ryzen 9 7950X - utilization 40% and temperature is around 80°C
Game's running under 40 fps currently. IF it's even starting and not crashing my PC - had this issue with Unbound as well when I bought it more than 6 months after release, don't know if it's still like this because Unbound just isn't worth playing. It's not fun and the handling gives me headaches.
For me it doesn't matter if I use V-Synch or not, NFS Heat runs like a PS2 game for me...

Message 6 of 6 (2,361 Views)