Re: NFS HEAT crashing Series X

by Wisewolf1992

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS HEAT crashing Series X

★★★ Novice

Hey guys,

Trying to play on Series X in 4k. It works for about 30 minutes at a time, then the audio cuts out and the world just loses all textures until it crashes. I have to hard restart the xbox to play the game again. Is this a known issue? Please update the game this is ridiculous.

Message 1 of 29 (13,309 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

To whom it many concern,

I was able to fix the problem by simply reinstalling the game.

Weird, but happy gaming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 29 (13,241 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

To whom it many concern,

I was able to fix the problem by simply reinstalling the game.

Weird, but happy gaming!

Message 2 of 29 (13,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, it would be nice to hear that they were at least working on this one...  Any tester who played for more than 30 minutes would have found it.  I'm playing on a Series X as well.  It's the WHOLE REASON I'm even playing a console instead of a PC -- so that I don't have to deal with this BS... and yet here I am, rebooting the console every hour when it crashes just like a PC.  Sometimes the audio gets distorted and alters the framerate in interesting ways while it glitches.. sometimes the audio completely cuts out and the video is fine.  And sometimes the whole game just freezes up harder than a Canadian swimming pool.  There is no recourse other than to hold the xbox button and restart the console.  I'm just waiting for this to eventually happen at the wrong time and corrupt my saved games or something...

Message 3 of 29 (13,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you have any crashes after reinstalling the game? I really wanna play it on series x and not have to setup my Xbox one s just to play

Message 4 of 29 (12,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried uninstall/reinstall and is froze/crashed on me again... on a night run, with 2 million rep points and a completed Heat 5 race... Seriously about done with this game. It’s very fun and looks good when it works. But having to constantly restart my whole system (closing the game never works) AND losing significant progress every time is getting on my nerve. Not that there is a huge presence in this game these days anyway, but EA needs to fix this for the small community that does still play it... Unfortunately they probably won’t though because... how would they make money by doing that?!

Message 5 of 29 (12,688 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try a hard reset! Either hold down power button for 5 seconds while console is on. Delete game from hard drive. Try and install the game on a external hard drive. If it crashes try and move it to the internal memory. Let me know how you go!

Message 6 of 29 (12,637 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have done this still crashes I’m out of ideas.

Message 7 of 29 (11,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too 

Message 8 of 29 (11,731 Views)

★★ Novice

It's June of 2021, and this issue is still happening. 

Message 9 of 29 (11,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep still happening 😒🤷‍♀️

Message 10 of 29 (10,908 Views)