NFS HEAT - Crashing Xbox Series X (affecting SSD/other games?)

by alamsas

Original Post

Re: Nfs heat wont launch (xbox series x)

Community Manager

@COMINEEYEAHA 

I mean, it's possible because when games are designed they're built under certain conditions and at the time Keyboard and Mice weren't available for the consoles. The keyboard and mouse may be compatible with other Xbox One games but could explain the crashing for this one.

Let me know if you end up taking on the challenge to see if that helps, I hope it does. Sorry about the trouble though, dealing with technical issues like crashes isn't fun at all. 

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 47 (1,195 Views)

★ Novice

No I don't, the game was running normaly next day, thanks for reply. It's fixed for me now.

Message 12 of 47 (1,182 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Has it been a known issue for these games to crash because of custom gamer pics? Unlike the others, I wasn't using any 3rd party accessory with my Series X, but did have a custom gamerpic.

I haven't tested it myself as I've decided to finish the game back in my Xbox One, but I might decide to touch it again if it gets fixed on the Series X one day.
Message 13 of 47 (1,172 Views)

Community Manager
@alamsas I've only seen the custom Gamertag pic impact UFC so far. It's possible some other games could be affected if we start to see reports. This game was designed prior to Microsoft allowing custom pics.
Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 47 (1,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

I mean, it's possible because when games are designed they're built under certain conditions and at the time Keyboard and Mice weren't available for the consoles. The keyboard and mouse may be compatible with other Xbox One games but could explain the crashing for this one.

Let me know if you end up taking on the challenge to see if that helps, I hope it does. Sorry about the trouble though, dealing with technical issues like crashes isn't fun at all. 

I disconnected all accessories, and I don't have a custom gamertag photo, and within 20 minutes of launching the game after installing it again it crashed, and it affected other games on the Xbox until I did a hard reboot. 

Message 15 of 47 (1,147 Views)

Community Manager
@COMINEEYEAHA Has it crashed again since the reboot?

Can you let us know where it's exactly crashing on you in the game?
Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 47 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
Has it crashed again since the reboot?

Can you let us know where it's exactly crashing on you in the game?

It can crash at any moment. I could be in a race, or driving around the overworld, or in a garage. Suddenly everything will freeze, and I have to go to the home screen, then quit the app, then hard reboot my xbox. Sometimes the crash is preceded by the audio dropping out, and it will absolutely freeze up within the next 2-3 minutes. The most recent time I had the crash, I went to a different game before rebooting, and I had no audio at all. NFS Heat is the only game I have played on my Series X that is crashing in any capacity. I have 12 years in tech support experience, so if you have any troubleshooting steps you'd like me to run through I am totally willing to give it a shot. I will need to reinstall the game again, though, I tend to rage quit and then delete it from the Xbox entirely. 

Message 17 of 47 (1,125 Views)

Community Manager

@COMINEEYEAHA 

Do you use an external hard drive or have one hooked up to the console? 

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 47 (1,119 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Do you use an external hard drive or have one hooked up to the console? 

There are no storage devices connected to the Xbox. The only connections are power, ethernet, and HDMI. 

Message 19 of 47 (1,115 Views)

Community Manager
@COMINEEYEAHA Do you have your power plugged into the wall or a surge protector?
Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 47 (1,104 Views)