NFS HEAT - Crashing Xbox Series X (affecting SSD/other games?)

by alamsas

Original Post

NFS HEAT - Crashing Xbox Series X (affecting SSD/other games?)

★★ Novice

Had my Series X for several months now and since I've had issues with this game, I've been actively avoiding playing it on my Series X and it's frustrating that I have to play it on my Xbox One. Since I've continued playing it in XB1, I've completed the game without crashing. 

Playing it on Series X was a different story.. It froze on me once where I can't even go on home and close the game.. so I forced turn off and restarted. Tried running it again and worked fine. 

Second freeze happened in less than an hour and I was in an xbox party and noticed I was still able to talk, so I went home and closed the game and relaunched it but got stuck on a black screen after the title card. 

Hard restarted the xbox again and the 3rd time it froze I decided to launch other games to see if they worked and all I got was either looped audio (quick resumed games), no audio, or a black screen after the title card (unsuccessful launch). 

I got scared and thought my SSD was screwed.. but I hard restarted again and just decided to play other games (the ones I tried opening before) and I had no issues for the rest of the night. 

It's really unfortunate that I can't enjoy this game on the new console. What concerns me is the fact that when it crashes, it somehow affects the rest of your storage by not being able to play other games properly. Back in the Xbox One, when a game freezes (with Xbox UI still functional), I just go home and force close the game. After that, I boot it up or play another game and it works fine. 

Message 1 of 47 (6,640 Views)

Re: NFS HEAT - Crashing Xbox Series X (affecting SSD/other games?)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me. Cant Start the Game anymore. Start the game and get a Black screen directly. No Hard reset works. 

Message 2 of 47 (6,547 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, i have xbox series x and it happened to me too. While i was playing this game, the sound disappeared, so i closed the game and i was not able to open it again: i tried to start other games but they did not work just like nfs.... i did the hard reset and now the console works fine but i uninstalled  nfs...

Message 3 of 47 (6,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did it ever fix?

Message 4 of 47 (6,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope, it happens to me all the time. I’m only here in this thread tonight because I am researching the problem again. They need to patch this game ASAP. I have been having a ton of fun playing it, but if it’s going to crash every single time I play I can’t say it’s worth it. I’m dreading the day it crashes while I have a ton of rep built up on a night shift. 

Message 5 of 47 (6,345 Views)

Nfs heat wont launch (xbox series x)

★ Novice

Hi, I've been playing nfs heat on my xbox on gamepass, game started to lose sound, and at the end freezing. Restarted but on launch everything is black and doesnt load. Tries reinstalling game, same happened.

Message 6 of 47 (6,197 Views)

Re: Nfs heat wont launch (xbox series x)

Community Manager
@xStrelok7 Do you use a custom Gamertag picture by any chance? I've seen similar outcomes when that's being used.
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 47 (6,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
@xStrelok7Do you use a custom Gamertag picture by any chance? I've seen similar outcomes when that's being used.

I’m sorry, but that answer is absurd. You can’t possibly sit here and say that’s part of the problem. EVERYONE is going to have a custom gamertag picture, how in the hell would that cause this game to crash? 

Message 8 of 47 (6,150 Views)

Community Manager
@COMINEEYEAHA

What I mean is a custom uploaded picture rather than one of the Xbox default pics to select from. I manage the sports titles and jumped in this thread to help out, I'm sorry if my response came off absurd. It's a similar issue I saw what happened in UFC which I thought could help.

Are you using an external hard drive or have anything hooked up to the console's USB slots? Just to verify third party devices aren't at play here? (Guitar Hero Dongles caused players to get stuck at the loading screen for FIFA and some external drives caused performance issues for UFC)
Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 47 (6,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Now that you mention it, I do have a keyboard and mouse plugged in for some of the games my son plays, but no external drives or devices other than those. Could that really be what was causing the whole console to crash while playing this? I uninstalled the game out of frustration, but I’d love to be able to get back in and finish it. I’d rather they just fix the bug so I can just play my games without needing some workaround, but if this helps me finish the game I’m willing to try it. 

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
@COMINEEYEAHA

Are you using an external hard drive or have anything hooked up to the console's USB slots? Just to verify third party devices aren't at play here? (Guitar Hero Dongles caused players to get stuck at the loading screen for FIFA and some external drives caused performance issues for UFC)

Message 10 of 47 (6,145 Views)