Re: Is the Need For Speed franchise almost dying?

by BLVD69

Original Post

Is the Need For Speed franchise almost dying?

★★ Pro

Okay, all we hear about NFS is complaints, from most of the titles of the new games. Complaints such as bugs, weird updates, and anything players complain about the game, which is why the franchise gets so underrated, compared to Forza. Is this the time the NFS franchise is almost dying? If the new NFS 2022 gets ruined again, then I think it's the end of the franchise. Does anyone agree with this?

Message 1 of 6 (697 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Chizou2023 Yes but the problem is we are splitted community, i personally come from the 90s.I basicly grew up right when the series started, EA Canada made the first games and they did it with passion.

The problem started when EA decided too hire a studio outside, even though Black Box did a good job with Hot Pursuit 2, But if its true that Black Box wanted too keep both street racing and cannonball, and EA just wanted too keep the FF style. Anyway NFS has been dying for several years allready the way i see it, EA need to get EA Canada back, because lets face it FIFA sucks these days anyway.
Message 2 of 6 (526 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 DSI/EA CANADA won't be back,the core leader then DON MATTRICK already quit game business.Yes BB planned to cycle between FF and CB.They even used HP3 for the codename of what became MW2005.EA saw the great sales performance of UG1,so they cut BB plan and let UG2 became the direct continuation.Sadly BB wouldn't go against EA like Criterion did with HP2010 project(which was ordered as UG3 but rejected by Criterion)Hence why NFS is still in a divided situation with CB and FF fans only go for certain installments of the series.
Message 3 of 6 (505 Views)

★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 I just started also to play FIFA mobile, but it doesn't suck by the way.
Message 4 of 6 (495 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Chizou2023 I disagree and i have played Fifa since i was 16 years old, and that was back in 04. Fifa as game was great up too 13, if you look away from FUT wich i mean was the biggest mistake too the series. Atleast from a gamers view, but as a dev of course it was sucess.

Anyway my point is they decided too destroy FIFa with micro transactions, instead of improving the career mode and make that better.
It isent good enough just having licenced teams leagues and Champions league for an example, plus its basicly the same game they launch every year.
Message 5 of 6 (434 Views)

★★ Expert

@Chizou2023 

NFS as a franchise has been going backwards in originality & game style. 

I have been playing video games since the 1970s.

When NFS came out back in 1994 it was a whole new level in car games.

I feel strongly the Franchise was a true leader of the pack from 1994 to 2010.

After that, the franchise became a gimmick just to draw gamers to play each new game.

EA is not short on one thing, and that one thing is a strong Public Relations & Promotions Dept!

However, gamers who don't view video games of any kind as a Business vs Entertainment thought process.

These consumers usually are short-sighted and only look at the candy cane effects of the shine & glitter when buying NFS.

There is a name for this kind of consumer of products, (ComplusaryConsumer) 

EA is betting you as a Consumer won't think twice before buying their games.

So to draw my thoughts here to a close EA has been making half-wit completed NFS games 

From 2012 to present-day 2021 & soon 2022.

I have spent far too much money on EA to ever give them another dime after getting burned 

on  Heat, Payback, & NFS 2015.

EA would have to work extra hard to earn me back for another NFS game.

So in closing the NFS series needs to cut out the storybook non-sense

EA needs to remove the ego-driven game characters & game-opening missions

Word of Wisdom before buying any video game give it six months first after its release date.

Wait to get feedback from the community & read many online reviews first.

Before dropping the cash on a game that just might be a short-played game

& forgotten in the history books of time.

Have a Great Day.

(Community Reminder)

If You Like The Answers Give The XP 

If Someone Gives Your Thread The Correct Answer,

Credit them with the Solution.

Message 6 of 6 (421 Views)