Re: HDR issue on PC

by B_Zee_786

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@KrystaGG Sure, DV is working (at least on all LG OLED series 6-9) and we need to enable RGB, will not work in YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:2:0.

I would prefer that they FIX black screen bug instead of turn OFF Dolby Vision but this bug is very annoying...

I can't test older driver since they are all bugged with Forza games, only 440+ working without any bugs on FH4/Fm7 : (
Message 31 of 90 (3,084 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just bought Origin Premiere for this game, Madden 20, and Fallen Order, so pretty darn good deal.  I have an LG C6 OLED and of course have the same issues.  With 4:2:2 and 10-bit it didn't force me into DV but had inverted colors or something.  I could go into the game settings and turn HDR off.  Switching to "Default color settings" in Nvidia control panel started the game in DV, black screen with no way to fix but hard reset.  

A similar issue with HDR happened at launch of Madden 19.  Do EA's teams never talk to each other?  

Message 32 of 90 (3,074 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Conklin66 the issue is dv working in rgb output limited or default in every game supported. The problem is DV breaks when quiting to desktop cause DV mode doesnt disengage and desktop doesnt support DV. So the game should be giving signal that turn of hdr automaticly on shutdown and we prob should be fixed.
Message 33 of 90 (3,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have LG B8 oled and I have to change to 1080P 120Hz 4:2:2 in nvidia settings to disable dolby vision forced by NFS heat! Cannot play this game in HDR whatsoever! Im very disappointed with EA!

Message 34 of 90 (3,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@KrystaGG 

Yup, this fixed Dolby Vision black screen for me. Thanks! Should be pinned as answer.

Just do what KrystaGG said. I installed 436.48 Nvidia driver, and can play with DV enabled, (ALT-TAB) still gives black screen but game is working with DV. 

Message 35 of 90 (3,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@pistakxx wrote:

@KrystaGG 

Yup, this fixed Dolby Vision black screen for me. Thanks! Should be pinned as answer.

Just do what KrystaGG said. I installed 436.48 Nvidia driver, and can play with DV enabled, (ALT-TAB) still gives black screen but game is working with DV. 

Nah, this was a giant waste of time. I could start the game and even engage HDR auto(Dolby Vision) inside the menu but once I try to leave that screen I'm right back into a black abyss. Busted game needs a fix, I'm going back to the newest driver.

Message 36 of 90 (2,935 Views)

Re: What's the deal with the crappy HDR implementation on PC?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Uuurgh. I hate forcing 4:2:2 via NVCP, It makes my text and stuff look weird. :/

Message 37 of 90 (2,894 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found that if I set the game to borderless mode it's much better. Not perfect, but at least the white point 'n all that isn't blown out.

Message 38 of 90 (2,843 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@CRSSQUARED Same happened...it worked somewhat
Message 39 of 90 (2,835 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tested new nvidia driver 441.20 + Windows 10 1909, same issue, game is working "perfectly" in Dolby Vision mode but there's still the black screen when alt-tab or leaving the game, only solution is to restart the computer.

EA, are you working on a FIX ? (have you reach NVIDIA ? :/ )

Maybe put on option in game to toggle on HDR or Dolby Vision like you did on Mass Effect Andromeda ?

Message 40 of 90 (2,791 Views)