Exclamation Marks on NFS Heat, Map!

by Sir_Orangealot01

Original Post

Exclamation Marks on NFS Heat, Map!

★★ Novice

Hi all. I've recently started playing NFS Heat and noticed halfway through the game I have exclamation marks on my races. 

Reading lots of forums about this is where you have 2 or more races at different car levels. 

When you complete both races the ! doesn't turn into a tick but stays as it is. This leaves many of us with ! plastered all of the map. 

I've also found that if I just finish the race no matter the position the races with only 1 level gains a tick for completed.  

What I have worked out is that a blue circle behind the event. (attachment 01) Then you have not finished any of the races at either level; If you have a blue wreath behind the event (attachment 02) you have finished 1 of the races at either of the available levels. You can then go on and complete the next level race for the same track and still be left with an ! 

What I and I'm pretty sure many others would like to know is if we had won that particular event and not just finished it. 

Then if there are 2 levels of events for that race if we have completed both, 1 or none of races.

People dont like seeing ! plastered all of the events as this is usually on games a symbol for an issues, but ticks makes us feel as if we have completed them and more importantly it tells me which races I do not need to race any more and which ones I have left to do.I appreciate I may have to race some of them loads to increase rep, earn money or reaching achievements doing races with ticks on them is fine. 

Does anyone know if these are read by EA people or how I send them an email?

Its been a much improved NFS game on the Payback certainly the day / night mechanics is cool, this ! is odd. 

Message 1 of 12 (29,975 Views)

Re: Exclamation Marks on NFS Heat, Map!

★ Guide

Hey there @Sir_Orangealot01, that ! is a modifier to a race, its the same race with faster cars and better racers, I know it's annoying that it happens, but when you have the whole circle it means you didn't complete the first level, hope this help :D

Message 2 of 12 (29,942 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks @theleague_jak for you respond. 

But I am afraid chap your answer doesn't help me. 

The blue circle does disappear when you indeed complete a race or even 1 of the 2 races on an event marked with an ! but it doesn't help me work out if I have completed and won 2 out of 2 for example. It doesn't change from an ! to a tick when I complete both races. 

I do believe this is by design but it is an odd design. You race to win. Not just to complete. What would be a good idea if the events where rated like the activities are, 0 star not done, maybe 1 star finishing near the back. 2 star up to 2nd place, and 3 stars if you have completed the event. Those with 2 events could have the stars in the corner of the picture when you hoover over it and it lets you select a level. 

Message 3 of 12 (29,893 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you people tried simply ignoring the exclamation mark?

Message 4 of 12 (29,868 Views)

★ Guide

@AScruffyNerd I do ignore it, I was just tryna help @Sir_Orangealot01  out.

Message 5 of 12 (29,837 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, no. I don't mean to say that to you specifically, I mean to everyone in general. This subject has come up a few times in last couple months.

Message 6 of 12 (29,819 Views)

★★ Novice

If its come up a few times then its probably not the best design. Maybe should have something in the codex about it. Or maybe that could make it like normal racing games. Standard smile 

Im going to have to ignore it, but it is seriously giving me an OCD.

Giving me a tick when I just finishing a race and not winning

Giving me a ! for 2 races but not telling me which one I have done. 

Not changing to a tick when I win both races. arghh! 

Its just not logical! Standard smile 

Message 7 of 12 (29,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So this was driving me nuts too... Figured it out, use right and left on D-pad to select between alternate races.

Message 8 of 12 (29,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did both of them and finished in first but it’s still there

Message 9 of 12 (15,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sir_Orangealot01 Old post hope your still playing, that exclamation point is essentially your goal to beat your friends time attack, it’ll never go away unless you’re #1.

Hopefully that helps
Message 10 of 12 (13,643 Views)