Re: [Data Collection] - Xbox - Cannot get past "Sign in as..." Screen

by EA_David

Original Post

I downloaded new update now I can’t get passed the nfs heat start men

★★★ Newbie

So it’s 1/31/2020 and I still can’t start up my game ever since I downloaded the new update I haven’t been able to get past the start up main menu 

Message 71 of 314 (2,068 Views)

Cant sign into NFS Heat

★★★ Newbie

Hi woundering if anyone has had this issue or can help me. So when I start the game up and it asks you to press A to play as username here. It does nothing my Xbox One is working fine and so is the controller played the game for several months with no issues and now I cant even sign it to play.

Message 72 of 314 (2,056 Views)

Re: I downloaded new update now I can’t get passed the nfs heat start men

★★ Apprentice

Dang EA, any updates?  All of your gamers including me is still waiting for this to be fixed. I mean most people don't want to buy a wheel or a second controller for this to work.  To be honest EA and Ghost should have truly tested this update before releasing it.  

Since I have a digital copy I cannot get my money back on this broken game. My Xbox one plays other games with no issues so it is not our systems it's your game with the issues.  

Message 73 of 314 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Username: JRODtheCARGUY

XBOX model: Xbox One S

Controller Model: Xbox Wireless Controller 

Wireless

Does not auto sign in

Firmware version 3.1.1221.0

Message 74 of 314 (2,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well after playing Heat last night, I left the room for a while and when I returned, my clothes troller had shut off... I turned it back on and then I had the same “Press A of death” pop up, and I was in game I think in my garage and no buttons worked then... it was working until the controller that was signed into the Xbox and game, ended up shutting off, and as if the game doesn’t or can’t tell that the controller I just turned back on is the same one I was just logged into the game with.... so I guess damn issue is not fixed... will try post above 

Message 75 of 314 (2,041 Views)

Is nfs heat start up menu fixed for pressi g the A button to start

★★★ Newbie

Haven't been able to play nfs heat for 3 days cant get past start up screen by pressing the buttons are not responding xbox one x elite series 2 controller 

Message 76 of 314 (2,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just turned the setting off to have my controller automatically connect to my account when I turn it on, I'm able to get past that log in screen, Press A, but as soon as I let my controller shut it's self off, and I assume if I manually turned it off, would do the same, as soon as the controller turns off the game says "controller disconnected "Press A"" , so there's that wretched Press A again, and this is even while in game, so I procede to press A and nothing works same as at the Press A screen at the start of the game, so it's happening in game not just at the start screen...

I'm assuming then that if you enter a game through joining a LFG or another person game and letting your controller shut off l, you'll still have the same issue as with at the start menu... 

Message 77 of 314 (2,035 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been going on now for 4 days, and no word on any fix.  This is starting to get ridiculous, at least they should post some kind of update on time frame.  So frustrating!

Message 78 of 314 (2,029 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi all, while this is being worked on the following steps should get you back in. 

- Close game

- Unplug all USB devices 

- Connect controller via cable

- Launch game

- On title screen, unplug the controller and turn it back on

We'll mark this as solved purely to show visibility, the base issue persists, but this should at least get people back in. 

Thanks to everyone for the info provided. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 79 of 314 (23,815 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is EA willing to refund my money for this game?  Your "Accepted Solution" is completely ridiculous.  I can't unplug all devices from my XBOX One, because one of those devices plugged into the system is my extended storage drive which has the game loaded on it.  EA is one of the worst gaming companies out there.  You guys make MILLIONS and completely screw users on a daily basis.  It's been days since this problem was first reported and EA probably put one guy from the mail room on it with task of fixing it.  Just a complete joke of a company.  This is definitely my last NFS game, because it's obvious EA doesn't car about making the game work.

Message 80 of 314 (1,997 Views)