Controller not working on heat

by BulldogPlata

Original Post

Re: Controller not working on heat

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David I’ve done soft and hard restarts uninstalled the game reinstalled it and still nothing don’t waste your time doing a uninstall and reinstall
Message 11 of 128 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Different users are not making a difference I’ve tried both profiles tried disconnecting from the internet but it still does the same thing
Message 12 of 128 (1,297 Views)

Community Manager

Yep, uninstalling doesn't appear to be an effective step. 

Just to check for some basic stuff, are you using a wired or wireless controller? Does connecting a wire or going wireless have any effect?

Also, while I'm running through gathering info, can I check what region and language your systems are set to? It shouldn't be a factor, but on other games we've seen strange issues linked to region/language in the past so it's something to check.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 128 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David Yea I’ve restarted every way possible thru settings and holding the power button but still no luck

Edit: I am on Xbox one X in the US 

Message 14 of 128 (1,294 Views)

Need for Speed Heat controller issue

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Since the January update/patch, my Xbox one elite 2 controller doesn’t work on Need for Speed Heat. The game works fine with other controllers and a steering wheel, but not the elite 2 controller.

Is this a know issue?

cheers

steve

Message 15 of 128 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

So that's English (US) for your language? Thanks. 

Do you have any other EA games installed? If so, can you check that these log in without issue?

And i know we've tried a bunch of restarts already, but can we try holding the button until it shuts down, then unplugging the system itself for a minute before reconnecting, then check again?

I know we're sticking on this, but some players are reporting a reset helping (clearly not everyone) and the issue itself sounds like there's a stuck inaccessible profile. 

@scallywag1961 That's very interesting, you might be on to something. Thank you for the data. Can i check it specifically stops you getting past the "Sign in as" page?

For folks in this thread, can you try swapping to a different controller if it's and option, and/or removing the batteries from your controller for a minute. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 128 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Can't make it past start up screen. Tried the sign in method, did a soft and hard reset, changed controllers, opened a different game and closed it then tried to relaunch Heat. Nothing works. I played last night. Today it did an update and then the game started this problem. 

Message 17 of 128 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried all that too. Changing controllers, hard and soft restart, uninstall/reinstall, etc. Nothing changed. I’m in US with English language on Xbox One 

Message 18 of 128 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have madden 2019 installed and it works on that game but not Heat. Also I’m not using an elite controller I’m using a pdp aftermarket controller

Message 19 of 128 (1,247 Views)

★★★ Novice
@snowboarder2855 With a regular Xbox controller
Message 20 of 128 (1,240 Views)