Controller not working on heat

by BulldogPlata

Original Post

Re: Xbox controller not working for xbox

Community Manager

@Wir2ality 

There is an update/patch in the pipeline but as the date is subject to change, we wont post that right now.

barry.png
Message 121 of 128 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well ok thank you for your reply . I will wait but i do hope its soon guys  kick it up a gear plz Thumbs up

Message 122 of 128 (1,641 Views)

★ Novice
@Wir2ality The only work around I've found so far is Xbox dash button, over to settings, power settings, full shut down, boot it back up and load NFS, worked every time so far touch wood. Not ideal but better than staring at the press A to play screen
Message 123 of 128 (1,598 Views)

Re: Controller not working on heat

★★★★ Novice

I also have it on disc, but doesn't work even when I have deleted it and re run on disc, the problem is still there 

Message 124 of 128 (1,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Hey, I had the same problem and heard about people removing accessories from their USB ports so I tried removing the wireless connection to my headset and it worked immediately. The headset can then be plugged in after the game is loaded in. I hope this helps.
Message 125 of 128 (1,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the game through Steam as was on sale, wanted a hit of old nostalgia from play NFS game with the new lockdown in UK. 

Yet without a controller plugged in the game runs fine, but who wants to play a racing game with keyboard, so I then use my Xbox controller like I do for every other game on steam.

However because of some stupid ORGIN or other reason the game just hangs on a black screen before even running, so I look online and its a known issue with forum threads on steam, EA forms and even YouTube videos where you have to enter the config files of the game to fix the issue. I mean id understand if this was an older game but its the most recent game and up till recently was over £50 on steam and ORGIN..... 

So basically you have to play the game with keyboard or enter the config files to play a brand new game ?? Excuse me but that terrible and scam like culture, do not sell the game on PC if it wont work with a feature you cant deliver. 

Lucky Steam is way less of a money grabbing company than EA and I can get a refund but still I should not have to A) Go through this ball ache with a new game and B) Have to write this when its been a issue for over 6 months and you have not even lifted a finger. 

I for sure wont be looking to play any more EA games on PC anytime soon and if I can get a console maybe but come on guys this is basic stuff your missing ! 

Message 126 of 128 (947 Views)

★ Novice
@FN_VanHoose I have the same problem. You solved the problem?
Message 127 of 128 (868 Views)

★★★ Novice
@rn087 This is garbage. Game was working fine but now all of a sudden my controller buttons are mixed up and the game is unplayable. EA sucks so bad now.
Message 128 of 128 (569 Views)