NBA Live fails to connect to server

by stevenomes

Original Post

NBA Live fails to connect to server

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since i started the demo ive not been able to get it to connect to EA server. I can play the game and access any features not required internet. When the game loads up it starts looking for an update. It always gets to 15% and then stops for about a minute until the error messages comes up. NBA-DCFP. i assume its trying to download a new patch for the demo. any ideas?

Message 1 of 69 (10,114 Views)

Re: NBA Live fails to connect to server

★★★ Newbie
Having the same exact issue. Gets to 15% and get the error code
Message 2 of 69 (10,087 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here! EA help is no help!

i have preordered.

should I try and cancel the NBA Live 19 preorder since it will probably do the same thing with not updating and connecting to the EA servers!

please advise! Thanks 

Message 3 of 69 (10,066 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
i wouldnt bother cancelling unless you think this is game breaking issue. more likely they will release a patch in the coming days to fix this along with other issues. worst case scenario you will have to delete the game once its downloaded and reinstall after fix.
Message 4 of 69 (10,058 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice Steve. I appreciate it.

i wish someone from EA would respond and let us know when they will fix the bug!

Message 5 of 69 (10,049 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
i just uninstalled and reinstalled. still the same problem. it always stops at 15% when updating. i dont really see any way past this unless they issue a patch.
Message 6 of 69 (9,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all your reports! Our team is currently working on a fix for this problem, but we have some workarounds that might help you connect with the servers sooner - I would be grateful if you could check them out and let me know if they worked.

Xbox One

• Delete the LIVE 19 Demo Reserve Storage.  This will force the LCU to redownload once the game is restarted.
  • Steps: Home Menu/Guide -> My Games and Apps -> Highlight NBA LIVE 19 Demo -> Press the Menu Button on the Controller (3 Bars Button) -> Select "Manage Game and Add-ons" -> Saved Data -> Select "Reserved Space" -> Clear Reserve Space

PlayStation 4 (Updated steps as of 28th of August)

1. Close the title
  2. Open the Settings menu at the top of the dashboard.
  3. Select Storage, then select System Storage.
  4. Select Saved Data.
  5. Choose a game to access the game’ s saved data.
  6. Press the Options button and select Delete.
  7. Choose the saved data files to delete, then select Delete.
  8. Reboot the title

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 69 (9,983 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
On PS4. I did delete, redownload and install it last night but it still stops at 15% everytime. I can play the game just not anything that requires online functionality.
Message 8 of 69 (9,977 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @stevenomes

In this situation, could you please try some additional connectivity troubleshooting steps for PS4?

Then try to reinstall the demo again.

/Ataashi

Message 9 of 69 (9,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didn’t work for the Xbox either

Message 10 of 69 (9,931 Views)