Re: Corrupted file AGAIN and ZERO support from EA (AGAIN)

by ib_busnyoaz

Original Post

Corrupted file AGAIN and ZERO support from EA (AGAIN)

★ Novice

Product: NBA LIVE 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which version? Full Game
Which feature / component / location in game are you experiencing issues with? The One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By doing your jobs and addressing issues people are posting and FIXING IT
What happens when the bug occurs? All data is erased completely. Everything.
What should be happening instead? ...My data not getting erased
How severe is the bug? A - Crash/Critical

This is the 2nd time in 2 months my game has crashed and got a corrupted file. 

1st time EA said they can do nothing because I didn't have anything saved in the cloud and gave me steps on how to back up so it doesn't happen again. Ok, that makes sense even though its your game that crashed and it should be your job to keep progress or at the very least help us by providing some credits of some kind back (even 2K for god sake even does this). 

2nd time, corrupted file again. Unbelievable. But again whatever, I been backing up my game EVERY DAY for the past month. So I go to restore the saved data from my PSN Cloud and when booting up the game it crashes. Wow. 

So I contact support and he explained that the save files I have been corrupted and that's why it crashes. OK. So I use a saved file from last week and when booting up the game it doesn't pull up any data. Starts as if this my first time playing. 

So I did what they asked me to do by backing up my data and still nothing. 

that's 4 Level 100 players erased, TONS OF GEAR that are no longer available and millions of in game currency. All I get from the support is "I'm sorry I know its frustrating". And iv'e talked to probably 5 different support advisors and they all give me the same slab on sympathy word for word "I play Fifa and I know i'd be frustrated if I lost all my data as well", WORD FOR WORD. Its a copy and paste support they don't give a *. 

Days later and im still trying to restore my data without help of anyone from EA. I work for Apple Support for a year and the help I get from EA is disgusting. No help no care in the world they got our money and it stops at that. * YOU 

Message 1 of 5 (3,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sorry to hear about this, brother.

You can try to contact EA on twitter if you have an account, at @EAHelp. It could make a difference.

Don't try @EASPORTSNBA. That is mainly a cheese account where they only deal with positive stuff,

like adding new sneakers or someone from the music industry into the game.

Message 2 of 5 (3,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Make a backup of nba live 2019 through settings Application and data management, upload one to Sony cloud and then do one on a USB 2.0 32GB or less and have a spare one as well. My brother had his game corrupted and would not start and the save that went to the cloud was also corrupt so he had to start all over and lossed interest in game.

Always do a recent backup on cloud and leave your previous day backup on stick, this way both don't get uploaded as corrupts. This is what EA techs missed that you need a online cloud backup, but you also need a physical usb backup because when you go to rest mode and if your have your settings on ps4 to upload saves and it gets corrupted on ps4 then it gets uploaded silently to the cloud as well. If you do your own usb stick backup that one can not be changed by the ps4 console unless ps4 is making corrupted saves due to a hd error of your console.

It sounds like faulty hard drive read and write errors of your ps4. You can do a rebuild database through safe mode and see if that Defrags the ps4 hd like Defrag for pc. You might need a new internal hd depending on how old you ps4 is.

If you have a old original ps4 phat then don't go over 5400 rpms. I would personally recommend this model I owned before...

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Spinpoint-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000LM003/dp/B00MPWYLHO

Now they have a new version and it looks like it has more cache. 

Hard drive cache is often known as the disk buffer. By that name, its purpose becomes a little more clear. It acts as temporary memory for the hard drive as it reads and writes data to the permanent storage on the platters. You can think of a hard drive's cache as being like RAM specifically for the hard drive.

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-BarraCuda-Drive-2TB-SATA-Frustration-ST2000LM015/dp/B07D99S8Z7/ref=dp...

Also, The original PS4/Slim only support SATA ll 3GB/s so you will not get the full benefit of this with those model however the PS4 Pro DOES support SATA lll 6GB/s so I would mostly recommend this if you have the PS4 Pro to make full use of it.

This model as 8tb of flash built in it which is like usb memory and faster but the reviews are a hit or miss with Seagate firecuda. I suspect maybe faulty drives from seagate or sony likes hd with 5400 rpms so it don't over heat or break fast.

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FireCuda-Accelerated-Performance-ST2000LX001/dp/B01M1NHCZT/ref=cm_cr_...

Conclusion read both of these links...

https://www.ps4storage.com/ps4-hard-drive-specs/

https://www.ps4storage.com/ps4-pro-hard-drive-specs/

They will explain what I'm talking better than you decide which or what to do next. You won't get this level of customer service because most of these ea guys are novice, they are just phone clerks. They probally know very little about pc, hd, specs. I build computers from scratch back in the days ppl actually used towers. Most likely your talking to someone over seas like in India or philippians cuz all customer service is out sourced. 

Don't feel bad, I can think outside the box and suggest you to invest in your gaming gear as a course of action. You can do all these upgrades and still have a defective game but, I can confirm being on the beta since August of 2018 and having purchased full game for $40.00 USD and played it since September 2018 until late now with out any of these problems.

I have original ps4 1001 model thats Super old and I have maintained my console by upgrading hd and doing rebuild database every month to keep system files of ps4 fresh. I periodically use a air can and remove dust from vents and shut down ps4 completely. I also use a small fan that self powered to the wall and point to the top of ps4 shell where chipset are to keep ps4 cool while in use. Also when I shut down ps4 I put on a cover I made with some clear plastic material you by at hardware store and used a stapler to mend the corners and made myself my own ghetto ps4 cover to keep dust away. Dust gives off static which can destroy electronics over time.

I do not have any issues with this game except that you do get a blue screen every now and then because of ps4 crashing but that's seldom. You do sometimes lose connection and get disconnected from EA but that's from server or ppl backing out of a game when they are the host. For the most part, I play more than I get into problems with nba live 2019 and enjoy it.

I do remember doing The one in NBA Live 2018 and it would not update on the server side so I would wait a day and then it registered and would get all games check marked for objective and would get the final reward for that park. 

Use Google as your friend to ask questions and use youtube for videos on how to. Find the answers yourself cuz no will help or cares about your passions. Make finding answers to your interest a new hobby. 

Hope you get to the game and enjoy the fruits of your labor m8. Life short, don't worry be happy....=)

Message 3 of 5 (3,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sounds about right. Me too

Message 4 of 5 (3,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having a similar issue now and I haven’t gotten a solution from EA Help either that actually corrected the problem yet. I also lost all of my data on my main PS4 previously because my file settings got corrupted but luckily I had played on another PS4 that had my game saved from an a few months prior.  To avoid having my online storage corrupted anymore I turned the auto save option off and have been doing my save of the game manually. When I’m done playing I close the program and then reopen it. If it loads correctly I do a manual save. I know this isn’t a fix, it’s more of a band aid until they hopefully fix the actual problems. 

Message 5 of 5 (2,804 Views)