Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

will the legendary edition be on MS gamepass for pc?

by brownieland

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will the legendary edition be on MS gamepass for pc?

★★★★★ Apprentice

im really wondering if this game is gonna be on the microsoft gamepass pc with the EA play that was just added, or not.

Message 1 of 5 (1,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: will the legendary edition be on MS gamepass for pc?

Community Manager

Hey @brownieland,

The Legendary Edition is only available at launch with EA Play Pro, not the standard EA Play subscription.

From my understanding, the Xbox Game Pass includes a standard EA Play subscription, so I'm afraid it would not provide access to the Legendary Edition.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,410 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @brownieland,

The Legendary Edition is only available at launch with EA Play Pro, not the standard EA Play subscription.

From my understanding, the Xbox Game Pass includes a standard EA Play subscription, so I'm afraid it would not provide access to the Legendary Edition.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako thanks for your quick response, perhaps it will be added later on the future?
Message 3 of 5 (1,403 Views)

Community Manager
@brownieland
That's certainly a possibility, though I'm not aware of any current plans or a timeframe for anything beyond EA Play Pro access at this point.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]

Based on what has happened in the past with other game releases, this is what normally happens:

(bearing in mind that just because it happened with other games is no guarantee for the future - and game subscription services continue to evolve such as with Game Pass, so this is a calculated guess based on past actions)

But EA games do tend to become available on the 'standard' platform (the 'vault' as they used to call it - and now EA Play (standard) linked to Game Pass) before a year has gone by - if the game didn't do so well, it could be a few months quicker.

I'm expecting MELE to do well, so I'd be surprised if it becomes available to Game Pass subscribers until well into 2022.

(personally I won't be waiting it out Wink )

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (1,374 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help