will the legendary edition be on MS gamepass for pc?

by brownieland

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will the legendary edition be on MS gamepass for pc?

★★★★★ Apprentice

im really wondering if this game is gonna be on the microsoft gamepass pc with the EA play that was just added, or not.

Message 1 of 5 (2,634 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: will the legendary edition be on MS gamepass for pc?

Community Manager

Hey @brownieland,

The Legendary Edition is only available at launch with EA Play Pro, not the standard EA Play subscription.

From my understanding, the Xbox Game Pass includes a standard EA Play subscription, so I'm afraid it would not provide access to the Legendary Edition.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,628 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @brownieland,

The Legendary Edition is only available at launch with EA Play Pro, not the standard EA Play subscription.

From my understanding, the Xbox Game Pass includes a standard EA Play subscription, so I'm afraid it would not provide access to the Legendary Edition.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,629 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako thanks for your quick response, perhaps it will be added later on the future?
Message 3 of 5 (2,621 Views)

Community Manager
@brownieland
That's certainly a possibility, though I'm not aware of any current plans or a timeframe for anything beyond EA Play Pro access at this point.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (2,616 Views)

[ Edited ]

Based on what has happened in the past with other game releases, this is what normally happens:

(bearing in mind that just because it happened with other games is no guarantee for the future - and game subscription services continue to evolve such as with Game Pass, so this is a calculated guess based on past actions)

But EA games do tend to become available on the 'standard' platform (the 'vault' as they used to call it - and now EA Play (standard) linked to Game Pass) before a year has gone by - if the game didn't do so well, it could be a few months quicker.

I'm expecting MELE to do well, so I'd be surprised if it becomes available to Game Pass subscribers until well into 2022.

(personally I won't be waiting it out Wink )

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (2,592 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help