Re: mass effect legendary not starting

by morphisiusz

Original Post

mass effect legendary not starting

★★★ Newbie

Trying to play Mass Effect Legendary edition and it won't start up.  I press play, looks like it is going to start then just go back to it's library screen. Any suggestions or tips and tricks?

Message 1 of 7 (1,013 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cthulhu30 are you seeing an error message of any kind when this happens?

Let's grab a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (983 Views)

Hero
Message 3 of 7 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Fred_vdp Thank you very much, I appreciate the help but sadly none of those fixes seemed to work for me.
Message 4 of 7 (846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko 

Hi! I have the same problem. When I start the game, the lautcher start fine. Then, when I click in one of the three games it's seem like it's starting but then appear a black screen and go back into the lautcher. I tried every solution (special thanks to the user Holger) but nothing work. 

In the next link, I put a DxDiag fial and the last two files dmp. It's seems that some ussers has the same problem, so I put a video recording the problem in the same link just in cause. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1anYDIv5lIrBW0MhK2H7k9xvvSi61UH4e 

Message 5 of 7 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cthulhu30 You need to go to (in Windows 10) Control Panel > Region > Admin tab > Change system regional settings > check "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 format for worldwide language support" and reboot
Message 6 of 7 (774 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@HazalGC98 Try This. You need to go to (in Windows 10) Control Panel > Region > Admin tab > Change system regional settings > check "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 format for worldwide language support" and reboot
Message 7 of 7 (772 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help